Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Sygic Europe back in App store!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Sygic Europe back in App store!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Apple GPS Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few other captures, first the overspeed on screen warning, just a subtle yellow marker on the speed limit indication:

The difference between portrait and landscape, if you have the road signs set to full size they are only fully visible with the device mounted on its side.

With 750+ miles of use over a couple of days I have to say this app seems stable and easy to use, the volume is a little low but thats due to the Apple hardware and will affect anything running on the iPhone. The application never crashed and provided clear instructions combined with an easy to use (uncluttered) display.

My iPhone will be easier to see in the car now though as I took off the mirror style screen saver and replaced it with a clear Zagg Shield - the old screen cover caused issues in the car due to sunlight reflecting off it, all we need are PGPSW speed cameras on the device which I have seen working as MikeB has got them installed on his iPhone which is also running Sygic, but I don't want to jailbreak my hardware as yet - Mike
ttrevor
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike looks very good, just want the UK/Irl maps so will wait for them hopefully,
Whats the Zagg shield like to fit Mike is it ok??
Iphone x 64gb IOS 11.3.1 / IPhone 6 Plus 32gb IOS 12 beta /Volkswagen Scirocco R 280 bhp /Suzuki Vitara swb vvt+ /Suzuki Jimny special/running Apple Mac Mini / Apple air/ iPhone x /6 plus navigation / Apple car-play
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttrevor wrote:
Whats the Zagg shield like to fit Mike is it ok??

The front shield is fine and very easy to install, the rear/ side is a real PITA in fact I probably wouldn't have bought it had I known what they are like to put on the phone - unless you have lots of patience - Mike
ttrevor
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike, I just want the front screen cover ,I think they sell them at Carphone warehouse
Iphone x 64gb IOS 11.3.1 / IPhone 6 Plus 32gb IOS 12 beta /Volkswagen Scirocco R 280 bhp /Suzuki Vitara swb vvt+ /Suzuki Jimny special/running Apple Mac Mini / Apple air/ iPhone x /6 plus navigation / Apple car-play
alan_dr
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more I see of the Sygic app the more I like it, and the more I am tempted not to wait for TomTom!
ttrevor
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats how i feel Alan, it does look the business .
davast
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, after reading this thread & looking at the winmo version, I have decided to take the plunge and purchase Sygic. I hope we get PGPSW speed cameras, but I do not think that TomTom will have improved their customer service attitude and I still feel very let down (as a customer) by their attitude over the last few years in not updating TTN6. I would have liked to see CoPilot but can't wait any longer.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

davast wrote:
I hope we get PGPSW speed cameras.

We know how to put the PGPSW Speed Camera database on to the device and Sygic supports it including spoken alerts, but currently you need to be using a jailbroken phone to get this working, what would be nice is the ability to add the speed cameras without jailbreaking the phone - Mke
davast
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike, as I am new to iPhone, can I jailbreak the iPhone, put on the database, then unjailbreak the iPhone.
inthe128
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

davast wrote:
Mike, as I am new to iPhone, can I jailbreak the iPhone, put on the database, then unjailbreak the iPhone.

I somehow doubt that, but if you have jail-broken an iPhone why would you want to un-break it or restore it? My iPhone is with a Polish mobile company, not need to unlock it, but jailbreak yep, people who don't do this seem odd to me, what happens in the UK thats so different to the rest of the world when you do this?

The jailbreak and indeed unlocking process seems so easy since 3.0 came out.
alan_dr
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

davast

How are you getting on with the app? I've set myself a deadline of tomorrow to buy it if no sign of TT.
davast
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alan_dr wrote:
davast

How are you getting on with the app? I've set myself a deadline of tomorrow to buy it if no sign of TT.

The software is working very well. I have a Brodit holder (that accepts the iPhone in a case) sat on the dash and the signal lock has been excellent.

I have put in my own Favourites for now, individually, and it accepts all UK 7 digit postcodes. I have been in the North West and down to Rugby and back since weekend and it has performed well. Only one routing was not correct near home that took me away from J8 of the M62 when I was heading for Manchester, this happened with Telmap Navigator as well. Lane assist is well presented and the voice is loud enough to be heard.

Hopefully will get option to add custom POIs and speed cameras soon.
alan_dr
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's good to hear!
scarymonkey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This could be down to the different priorities given to different road types by Sygic. They work on the theory that most people use a SatNav for navigation, so are less likely to want to use minor roads instead of more major ones. This can give some odd routing when you know an area and would take a minor road over a major one.

From my conversations with Sygic, custom POI files are due in a future update (this will mean speed cameras from here without jailbreaking the phone).
anothergpsmike
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probaly a good thing - I've got a friend (honest) who lives in the boondocks in mid-Wales. When the main A roads around e.g. Llangurig have roadworks or other problems he keeps getting damn great Polish artics on his back- road trying to divert. This is on single track roads, hairpin bens and what-not up in the hills.

If you know the roads, you don't need to get the satnav to divert, just do it and let the bossy voice on "recalculating, please drive the highlighted route.

Back on topic, where's this UK version, it's not the price its the space . .

edit - just been to the Sygic site - under "what regions will be available in a short future" (sic) in faqs I quote:

"At this moment are regional versions for Brazil and Middle East waiting for approval by Apple.
In a short time, we will be publishing versions for Colombia and India."

I'm not as young as I was - but I didn't think it was that short a future Crying or Very sad

Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Apple GPS Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: