Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 8110 software upgrade - first impressions
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

8110 software upgrade - first impressions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigPerk wrote:
In Fresh, the map section shows an expiry date of May 2012. Does this
mean that the 8310 upgrade brought with it an additional 2 years of FreshMaps? (I still had 1 year to go). Or is the expiry date is talking about something different?

Not checked myself, but I heard rumour of this on the german forums... it does seem correct that the map updates have been extended when purchasing the software upgrade, just another little 'thank you' from Navigon I suppose.
chisposeti
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigPerk wrote:
In Fresh, the map section shows an expiry date of May 2012. Does this
mean that the 8310 upgrade brought with it an additional 2 years of FreshMaps? (I still had 1 year to go). Or is the expiry date is talking about something different?

I have a date of 2012, but before buying the upgrade, ask Navigon about this (it seemed logical to have two years from the purchase of the upgrade) and they told me that the period would not be renewed.
gwentvillan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if anyone wants an upgraded 8110 mine is for sale in the FOR SALE section. Need to get rid of it ASAP.
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I asked Navigon about the sites that provided a POI download facility to Imported Addresses (see User Guide 6.2.9). I didn't think of looking in 'My Location' on their website Embarassed.

Anyway, in case anyone IS wondering, there are four sites currently -

Google
HTS (Hotel Reservation Service)
ViaMichelin
Map24

However, I've tried downloading hotels (along with an associated route) from ViaMichelin without successs - although the process went smoothly and said everything downloaded ok, no POIs appeared in Imported Addresses, and the route, although listed in the route planner, did not load (presumably no start/interim/finish points loaded). I also tried downloading just a route (in case the POI business was messing things up); still no useable route.

Still, I'll keep trying until that magic day arrives when Navigon give in to common sense ... Confused Just received a reply from them which contains what must be Quote Of The Year
Quote:
"Our customers wish is our command.

It sure shall continue this way be assured"
Bouncing Bouncing

BTW, while I'm here, I also asked them what the cradle actually DID do (apart from disabling the USB connection, hardly helpful). The answer appears to be NOTHING Rolling Eyes. I have established that with insulating tape between the cradle and the unit, TMC, charging, FM, navigation all work perfectly ok - Navigon say that bluetooth connection is not dependent upon the cradle either.

Si it looks as if the best thing to do is just to tape up the cradle connections and plug directly into the unit! (Unless someone has found SOMETHING useful it does?) Razz
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, after weeks of discussion ( Stop it! Stop it! ) with Navigon about the lack of a user-POI capability (not all good-humoured, I have to admit), and even getting the help of some sympathetic PGPSW poster to actually email them to say this was exactly why he wasn't buying their product, I really don't seem to have achieved anything Jumping With Joy

Their latest reply is
Quote:
Unfortunately we are not able to reply your question sufficiently at the moment, because we have no information about a changement in that matter.
But we will forward your requirement to our IT department.

Make of that what you will (if you care anymore) Joker I'll just make the best of POI-Warner for now Thumbs Up

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: