Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Garmin P.O.I loader
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Garmin P.O.I loader

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
david1949
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:37 am    Post subject: Garmin P.O.I loader Reply with quote

I have went into the Garmin Web site for my P.O.I. loader and downloaded the version for Windows . I save it to my download and
after it downloads i go into my download file and then i download it from that onto my P.C just like Garmin has told me. After it has gone thought all the process of putting all onto the.PC the last part says click done this should launch the P.O.I but nothing happens. Last month i downloaded cameras onto my G.P.S before going on holidays but i got miss readings all over the place so this time as i knew it was hard to load the last time i uninstalled and then went to Garmin web site to re install a new one. So
is there a fault with Garmin P.O.I loader are am i missing something . Is There anyone out that could help me please if it is Garmin fault how do i get round it. D Chambers
Streetpilot 2720 P.C window Vista
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you start POILoader from the Start Menu? If not, try uninstalling POILoader, rebooting the PC and reinstalling POILoader.

What were the "mis-readings" you had last time?
david1949
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:03 pm    Post subject: P.O.I. Loader Reply with quote

PaulB2005 wrote:
Can you start POILoader from the Start Menu? If not, try uninstalling POILoader, rebooting the PC and reinstalling POILoader.

What were the "mis-readings" you had last time?

POI Loader for Windows software version 2.5.3
I have uninstalled the old P.O.I. re booted but it still will not load the last part of the program for me to plug my sat/nav into as for the misreadings they were speeds at cameras say it should have been 60M.P.H the data was telling me 20 M.P.H also it was telling me about cameras coming up that was not there. Thanks for you help it looks like the P.O.I loader is at fault so i my wait to Gramim put it right. D Chambers
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
they were speeds at cameras say it should have been 60M.P.H the data was telling me 20 M.P.H

A common reason for this sort of problem is that POILoader is left in the default KPH mode and not switched to MPH. You must check each screen carefully and make sure POILoader is set to MPH. See also here

Quote:
also it was telling me about cameras coming up that was not there

What type of camera? Mobile cameras aren't there all the time so sometimes you will get alerts to cameras that aren't there. However unless you can be very specific about which cameras they were it's hard to comment on specific cases. An exact location or Camera ID would help.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: