Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Will TTN7 run on iPaq 2210
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Will TTN7 run on iPaq 2210
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CalumLawson
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:21 pm    Post subject: Re: tt7 on ipaq 2210 Reply with quote

Sam12345 wrote:
Hi everyone,
Yes, some good news! You can run tt7 on ipaq 2210, and that is excactly what I am doing! WM2003 is reall good, and, yes, it would be a shame to buy a new machine. so, like I say, it works fine, just one hiccup - TT7 doesn't offer screen oreination (to landscape etc.), supposedly becuase they assume that people are running it on later machines which have automatic orientation.
Also, I found that when playing music with Win Media Player on my ipaq, the TT voice commands do not come clear at all.
So there.

Odd that, this is the reply that I got from TomTom

Quote:
Navigator 7 has been written for WindowsMobile 6 exclusively and will not work on Mobile 5.

So you're saying that this isn't true and you are running it on Windows Mobile 2003?
aj2052
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

another 2 pennoth, I agree Tomtom have created this situation and both arguments carry some weight, personally I think the mods do go a bit over the top in banning discussions on pirated software lets face it exists in abundance and banning it wont get rid of it, the limits should be to allow discussion but not allow links or "how to's", i dont think the 90% will not run because ttn7 will run quite happy on win2003 upto wm6.
aj2052
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The screen orientation in tomtom went out with TTN6, and was introduced into the OS with Win 2003se, so if you can upgrade 2003 to 2003se then ou will get screen orientation back, some PDAs like the mio168 allow you configure a button for instant rotate.
Sam12345
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:30 am    Post subject: tt7 on ipaq2210 Reply with quote

thanks. Regarding TomTom's reply - all I can say is that I have TT7 working fine on my ipaQ2210 WM2003 (1st edition I think). so that's that!
cornz
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam12345:

Any chance of a youtube vid of your ipaq running tomtom 7?

**every** one i've tried is reporting that it isn't suitable for tt7.
Sam12345
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:07 pm    Post subject: Video of TT7 Reply with quote

Hi, yeah, that sounds like a good idea, a video to prove the world! But I haven't a utube account nor would want to get involved in setting one up so maybe i'd just email it to you or something and you could follow through ...

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: