Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 2150Max Speed cameras incorrect
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

2150Max Speed cameras incorrect

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nino
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:16 pm    Post subject: 2150Max Speed cameras incorrect Reply with quote

Hi all

Im in the UK and as such have my units set to MPH and not KMH

It seems that when i go past a 30 MPH speedcamera it displays that cameras speed as 19!!!

i did some quick math and it seems that navigon are treating all the speed cameras as having values in KMH however uk cameras are set to MPH.

As i have my units set to MPH its going a KMH to MPH conversion resulting in 30 becoming to 19

So either navigon are a bunch of idiots or ive messed something up!

does anyone else witha navigon in the UK have this problem?

Cheers
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garmin's poi loader has an option for kmh or mph which, if set incorrectly, results in 19mph warnings for 30mph cameras.

i've not really used navigon software but is there an option somewhere during the installation to choose between kmh or mph?

MaFt
nino
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just did a factory reset but no joy.

on initial startup it does the usual 12/24 hour format, mph kmh etc but im still getting 19.

in terms of loading the POI navigon have a win32 app that keeps track of what you buy from the navigon website so it has my "fresh maps subscription" and the EU speed camera subscription, i hit install and it seems to dump a file in the poi directory, it looks like a binary file so i cant event put in the KMH vaule for 30 MPH Sad
logiek
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem with my Navigon 2150 max. Does anyone out there know the answer to this problem.
Border_Collie
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe you have to set the download to MPH before you download the file, default is kph.
Roy124
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't help as I have not had this problem.
hamphlet
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:59 am    Post subject: Speed Cameras and Speed Assistant both not working Reply with quote

Nino has confused me because he says he is in the UK, but then goes on to do some math? Er, do you mean mathS? Or perhaps sums? We don't do math in this country unless you're a visitor from the colonies. Anyway, enough of this pedantry.

I too have the same problem & have so far had no joy from Navigon. The problem seems to have started when I downloaded the latest maps, and the latest software to my 2150Max. I did both at the same time, so I couldn't say which caused the problem. Has anyone noticed that the speed assistant has more or less stopped working too? Mine comes to life on certain roads but for the most part the symbol never shows it's face any more & I don't get any spoken warnings when I go over the limit.

I'm going to set the unit to KMH later on to see what happens.
hamphlet
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:02 pm    Post subject: Still no joy Reply with quote

Well I changed the setting to KMPH & still no luck. Predictably the speed camera warning showed 30 when I went past one, but given that I was now set for kilometres this wasn't very helpful. I also tried loading in some older maps but the only ones I had were on my mobile phone from when I had MN7 on my Touch HD. They didn't work at all. Maybe they're not compatible, or maybe I just did it wrong. I don't know.

Anyway, the upshot of it all was that I was none the wiser until I made a journey to Southport yesterday. As usual there was no speed assistant in Wirral or Liverpool city centre. However, just as I reached Bootle it all came back to life. The speed limit symbol reappeared & speed cameras were read correctly too. Naturally enough it all turned to rats later in the day when I came home. It seems to me that my suspicions about it being a location thing are right. It's probable that there are many users out there who simply don't know that there is a problem because they don't live in an area that is affected.

I've sent a number of emails to Navigon & they finally responded when I started getting a bit shirty. They told me they were aware of the problem & it would be fixed shortly but I someone else had that response in April. How long is shortly?

My conclusion, at the moment anyway, is that it's the maps that are wrong. If only I could get an older map to work then I'd be sure. Does anyone have any advice in this regard?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: