Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Volkswagen partner with Garmin - Meet Click & Ride
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Volkswagen partner with Garmin - Meet Click & Ride
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the tone of your post meant to suggest you think I'm making this all up?

Google 'Click & Ride' for yourself.

I was sent the info from a PR Service and it lacks any further info. I note that no-one else is quoting when or where either but I'll see if I can elicit more info from Garmin UK.
tt4uk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
Is the tone of your post meant to suggest you think I'm making this all up?

Google 'Click & Ride' for yourself.

I was sent the info from a PR Service and it lacks any further info. I note that no-one else is quoting when or where either but I'll see if I can elicit more info from Garmin UK.

No, i do not think you made it up....i think you may have been misinformed by the PR service though.
I have spent hours trying to get info on this, and VW have been really helpful, although to no avail as they have searched there parts dept and after sales sat nav service and found nothing.

Garmin Product support is a joke, they do not reply...what sort of support is that???? the people on the phone were a bit better...but again bemused as to what i was talking about.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whilst I can easily believe that neither Garmin no VW are aware of it, I have no doubt it exists.

It's possible that either the PR was leaked a little prematurely or that maybe this is a US market only but there is far too much info on it and specifics for this to have been a 'mistake'.
tt4uk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My love for Garmin is getting weaker all the time, as well as the fiasco of "Click & Ride" whereas no one knows a single thing about it..i have another "garmin success"...after getting an e-mail about "Lifetime map updates", i subscribed...thinking i will have the most up to date maps all the time..WRONG...i paid £99 and updated my maps.

near to me is the A419 a road that links the M4 to the M5, a recent MAJOR road improvement that took 14 months to complete and has been open 6 months now is not on the latest map?????????????????????

this improvement has taken out a very large roundabout, also bypassess a local village, but more importantly has changed the way you exit from the A419 to access Swindon, if you miss the new slip roads (waiting for the roundabout on your garmin satnav) you have to go another 5 miles to turn around.
Tom Tom has updated maps...why has garmin failed........i sent them an e-mail..............................only to be told it may be put in a future update!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is a Major road change, not a slight detour.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OT but is the A419 on TomTom (TeleAtlas) Maps?

6mths is very recent in map terms. Typically it takes nearer 12mths+ to get changes incorporated into maps actually available to devices.
tt4uk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
OT but is the A419 on TomTom (TeleAtlas) Maps?

6mths is very recent in map terms. Typically it takes nearer 12mths+ to get changes incorporated into maps actually available to devices.

yes my friend has a tom tom (motorbike version) and the new road changes are on it.

and as i said this is a major road change, when you are travelling up a large dual carriagway anfd it says "at the roundabout etc etc" you wait for the roundabout..only to find you should have turned off on a slip road a mile previous..............then it is a long way to get back again, plus you need to again come off at a different slip road, out of sight of the one you missed previously.....i have directed lorry drivers, who have been up and down a couple of times Rolling Eyes

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: