Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom will fix the volume issue
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom will fix the volume issue
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AliOnHols
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
[.......... Or they'll make it switch itself on in your pocket.........

How does that happen? My wife and children hate that. I love it!. My 730 is still a new toy to me so it goes everywhere with us. (even to the rubbish bins at the end of the road.!) So, not wanting it stolen from the car glove box, when i park my car, I turn it off and put it into my pocket.

I can not remember the number of times a voice has emanate from my trousers saying "Estimated time of arrival 14.56. No quicker routes available" or similar. Usually when we are in a busy que at the local supermarket.

I think it's great but fail to see how "nothing" in my empty pocket has held the power button down, to below the casing level, long enough to power the unit on.
SatMap Active 10 & 20.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AliOnHols wrote:

I can not remember the number of times a voice has emanate from my trousers saying "Estimated time of arrival 14.56. No quicker routes available" or similar. Usually when we are in a busy que at the local supermarket.

My trousers have said "Turn around when possible" while I was standing at a urinal in a busy public toilet. Beat that for embarrassment! Laughing
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best one by far is when the device decides to switch on and you are using a public toilet at a motorway services, the loud call to "Turn around when possible" never fails to raise a laugh from some of the others using the same facility.
If you unit is doing this try pressing "Clear Route" before shutting it down, for some reason this seems to reduce the auto power on's - Mike
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay! I beat Mike TWICE Cool ! Very Happy
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You see more than one person has been "splashed" by this problem.......
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who's been editing my posts? Confused
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few weeks ago, in a pub, I was queueing at the bar when the bloke in front had his phone go off in his hip pocket. He didn't answer it so I tapped his shoulder and said "You're phone's ringing mate." But it wasn't. It was my GO720 in my bum bag suspended across my belly. It switched itself on and the movement around my pocket managed to Tap, then Mobile phone, then Redial and the ringing noise of his phone was my phone ringing home (where we weren't). I constantly dread it happening and me not hearing it ringing (it will happily change preferences, including turn off sound!!) so that I get a good sized mobile phone bill. I make a delivery inside an office building and turn heads with "You have reached your destination". Bear in mind, I have my volume set to 100%.

I think it was Andy_P who bellied up to the urinals in a motorway service station and in mid action was told to "Turn around when possible". He says it didn't happen inside one of the cubicles, believe what you will!

How does it happen? The power off button doesn't turn the power off - logical for TomTom! It merely puts it into sleep mode and something jogs it back to life, I know not what. But whatever it is, there's enough of it about to switch on lots of TT devices. My 920 switches off when external power is lost. So when I fill up at the garage and go in to pay, leaving it undisturbed on the windscreen, I regularly return to find it waiting for me to agree not to use it whilst driving!

Edit I see the Gang Of Two fast typists have once again beaten me. As for Mike's tip to clear route - A it's not a good idea unless youve reached your destination. B it doesn't bluddy work!

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
jimbo_hippo
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a bloke who has been known to ride an electric bike through the streets of london with an earpiece in I wish out of all the useless shi+e Tom Tom keep feediing us they'd implement a screen lock. Then I could cycle without being re-routed to Aulton Park race track. With a 15 mile range I doubt I'd make it.
Holux GPSslim

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: