Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - POI-Warner help please?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

POI-Warner help please?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did I forget to send you some instructions gwentvillan? I was sure I had but I may have forgot.
gwentvillan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always use POIedit 2007 to convert the POIs to ASC, but have never got anything other than the speed cameras files which are ASC anyway to work.

Also the POI bmp files from here (non-camera ones) appear to be 24bit and someone said these need to be 8bit nmp files to work.

I can load all the files on, it converts them on boot up - gives overlays, activate them but I have only managed to get speed camera files to give me a warning.

The instructions given with MN7 are the worst I have ever seen.
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again gwentvillan. A few thoughts now there's a bit more info (can't be sure):

I think that the default warning setting for NON-camera POIs is "never" and they need to be set up specifically before they will appear - have you got this or actual times in the first/last warnings?

I have downloaded the PGPSW POI icons (22x22x24bit) and they seem perfectly ok without changing. Bring up the main menu from the green square (the one with "Warnings in Radius", etc) and go into "Record POI" - can you see the icons there? If so they should be ok.

Hope something here is relevant Rolling Eyes
gwentvillan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that the default warning setting for NON-camera POIs is "never" and they need to be set up specifically before they will appear - have you got this or actual times in the first/last warnings?

Could you email me a pic of thi screen please just to check I am doing this right

Thanks

Andrew
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gwentvillan. Unfortunately I can't at the moment as I just upgraded my POI-Warner version and have run into a problem myself which I have asked navigating.de about (loading seems to go ok, and overlays monitored displayed/figures look ok, but I get completely blank POI categories when I try to do anything, such as a 'Search in Radius (all)').

So as you can see, I'm not a prime candidate for an Idiot's Guide! Embarassed

Do this search though and see if you have a proper POI list or not - if so you can select one to navigate to and see if a route gets set up. That way you will have a better idea of the situation
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone has been having the following problem, navigating.de may have some helpful advice (though they don't always get it right first time Wink ):

POI Overlay loading seems to go ok and overlay list is complete, but when looking at POI categories they have no entries in them (eg 'Warning in Radius - All', "Manage POIs" etc and no monitoring takes place)
Quote:
something has gone wrong with overlays during the update. Please connect your sat nav to the computer and search for the POI-Warner directory. Delete the files "overlays.ndb", "settings.ndb" and "poidetails.ndb" (if present) from that directory.
Also delete these files from C:\Program Files\POI-Warner. Then please perform a soft-reset and reinstall all the overlays.

And if anyone is confused over 'POIs Monitored' and 'POIs Displayed' counts given on first screen n.de says
Quote:

Monitored overlays will give you an acoustic warning, displayed ones will be shown on the 3D map representation when approaching. You can set up any overlay for monitoring, display or both.

Hope that helps someone Confused
dougproctor
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi David,
Thank you for finding out that. Goes to show just how incomplete the manual they provide is! If we had known the latter, would have saved me hours at the start of this thread!!
Am using the POI-Handler cameras with your sound warnings and it seems to work okay. Might have another go with the PGPSW ones again but don't want to rock the boat with a trip to the centre of London coming up next week!! Need all the direction I can get!
Doug
logiek
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:15 pm    Post subject: POI-Warner help please? Reply with quote

I want to purchase POI Warner to use with my Navigon 2150 max. But before I do can anyone help me with instructions on how to set up POI Warner and Navigon 2150 max with the PGPS safety cameras. Any help would be much appreciated.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the download page the instructions for POI Warner are here. However i don't know Navigon or POI Warner so you'll need to check POI Warner will work with your unit first.
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

logiek - read through the rest of this thread (if you've got a day or two!) and I think it will answer all your queries (including 'yes it does work on 2150'!). Ask about anything that's unclear - the download format for cameras is quite straightforward: 'Other ASC' format will then load straight into POI-Warner,.

Other PGPSW POIs (stores, etc) only have an OV or CSV download format and you have to convert to ASC (a pretty easy conversion though using something like POIEdit -I do CSV to ASC). But you seem to be only interested in cameras so it couldn't be much simpler really.

Don't worry too much about the PGPSW guide as it's really for older versions of POI-Warner (it suggests OV format as I think it was predominantly for TomTom then) and I hardly think it would work properly for the latest version MN7 on Navigon.
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EDIT - Just removing my latest post - talking rubbish!
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been doing a bit of research into importing POIs directly onto the 8310. Starting with the bad news, I haven't achieved it; but the (possibly) good news is that it might provide an inkling of the possibility of getting some results. I'm mentioning it now in case others are also interested enough (if they haven't already exhausted the approach) in trying something more out.

Starting with the bit in Section 6.2.9, "Importing Addresses" of the User Guide
Quote:
From many route planners on the Internet it is also possible to copy the entered destination address directly into your navigation system. This function is clearly indicated on those websites which offer it
I went onto the ViaMichelin site - I am still registered but wouldn't have thought that is essential - and set up a route. I then took the option to display hotels on the route (so this particular approach/site would not give a complete POI set).

I then selected the "export to GPS" option for Navigon and did a download. The 8310 gave me a "successful download" message saying the route was in the saved routes and the addresses were in the Imported Addresses.

The slight Confused downside is that although the route was listed, it wouldn't load, and the Imported Addresses was still empty Exclamation Evil or Very Mad. Whether the problem is with VM or Navigon (or ME) I don't know at the moment. Other route planners (and forum members) may have better (some) useful results.

Still, it might indicate the first chink in the Navigon anti user-POI armour, and a start of an investigation to relieve the frustration over this business Cool so I'll keep trying when I have the chance. It's obviously unlikely to give a completely satisfactory solution (eg, map icons?). We have to wait until Navigon relent for that.

BTW, I know there are still a few sad (perhaps in more ways than one Rolling Eyes Sad ) ex-VM users like myself, as well as some still soldiering on as best they can, who may have an iPhone and so may be interested in the VM website announcing Traffic and Restaurant data applications.
michaelj2
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:11 am    Post subject: ViaMichelin Reply with quote

Big Perk, thank you for that. I have managed to transfer POI from the ViaMichelin website to my 8310 Navigon but have yet to find it!

I have also used the ViaMichelin iPhone applications for both Italy and France and they are quite good. But they can never replace the ability to review the restaurants or hotels and then say GO to them. I will also keep nagging Navigon about this
michaelj2
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:40 pm    Post subject: POI Warner Weather Reply with quote

I have not seen anyone mention this add-on for the Navigon via POI Warner but I would be grateful for help. Jonandmark seems to know some German and his way around their sites so maybe he can help. I wanted to purchase this add-on. You need to have downloaded POI Warner and when you click on the add-on it takes you to another secure site. You are required to enter some data there which I took to be the Transaction Number and the Activation number plus your logon name. I have done this many times in different combinations but I keep getting the message "Error! The licence with the given data does not exist! Please re-check the data" What am I doing wrong? Would be grateful for any help
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

michaelj2 - are you trying to purchase safety cameras or something via POI-Warner (I guess the associated sites poihandler.com or pocketnavigation.de.)?

If so, you need to register with those sites first before you download info (I didn't have any problem with poihandler) - or is that where you hit the problem?

Or is it something different?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: