Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - POI-Warner help please?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

POI-Warner help please?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dougproctor
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks David. Give it a go tomorrow and let you know how I get on.
Doug
OddJobMan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there anyway of saving the settings or making a back up of the settings? Last thing I want now is to suffer a flat battery and have to start programming all over again
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure all the info is stored on the sd card.
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OddJobMan wrote:
Is there anyway of saving the settings or making a back up of the settings? Last thing I want now is to suffer a flat battery and have to start programming all over again

On the Mio168, and Medion PDA I can use Active Sync to do a full backup.
My Medion PND will not for some reason backup via Active Sync.

On all of my gps units (Mio168, Medion PDA, Medion PND), the main POI-Warner app is stored in the Ram Disk by default. That's why you may loose all the settings if the batt goes flat Crying or Very sad

That may not apply to different gps units.
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pocketgps is right again Cool ! I have the 8110 which seems to be the only one in the range which uses an sd card. I assume however Rolling Eyes that files, inc POI-Warner, in the RAM on the other models show in the standard file structure when connected to your PC and can be copied onto the PC's hard disk ok?
OddJobMan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pocketgps wrote:
OddJobMan wrote:

On the Mio168, and Medion PDA I can use Active Sync to do a full backup.
My Medion PND will not for some reason backup via Active Sync.

On all of my gps units (Mio168, Medion PDA, Medion PND), the main POI-Warner app is stored in the Ram Disk by default. That's why you may loose all the settings if the batt goes flat Crying or Very sad

That may not apply to different gps units.

Yes I am thinking back to the time I had a Medion PDA and settings went when battery went flat. So hopefully settings with POI Warner are now on the sd card .
dougproctor
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pocketgps and David,
Think I have cracked it at last! Under POI Warner General options, I have an Activate POI Direction option. This gives you a disabled, display on map and warn and display on map only. It was disabled because I thought it meant stopping speed cameras showing when they were facing the other direction.
After changing to display on map and warn, up came their speed cameras which I have, at last, managed to download and activate. I think they had not activated my account because I was told to put my user name in POI-Warner and do a a synch. They were installed. On a run out, got the Navigon warning and countdown.
I have now left them on the unit but deselected them and put the PGPSW ones with the WAV warning files on there. Going to give it a run tomorrow and see if they come up. If not, I can always switch them over with the POI-Handler ones which I know work. I also have downloaded some speed cameras from POI Plaza as well just incase all the others spontaneously combust!!
Hopefully all should be okay now, I have at least one set that I know works.
Thanks again
Doug
dougproctor
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got the warnings but did not get the sound warnings! Got the attention - Achung etc even though I have the 8 bit sound files in the POI-Warner directory and have them selected.
Definitely getting there ----slowly.
Doug
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Doug, glad to hear of your progress. Hope you didn't pay too much for the Plaza database though - from what Darren on here says it seems to just be a pirated, out of date, version of the his (PGPSW) cameras!

Are you saying that POI-Handler's POIs DO actually get displayed on the map display itself rather than just separately on the left of the screen? That could be quite interesting.
dougproctor
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again
Didn't pay anything for it! put some more sounds on there tonight so will give that a go tomorrow.
When you say appear on the map, I have lots of icons but whether they are poi-handler's or PGPSW's as I have a mixture of both.
Doug
jainpankaj
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dougproctor wrote:
Hi David,
Strange. Put the cameras from here in there and now have overlays available 120, POI monitored 1438 and POI displayed 16.385 with green ticks against all three boxes.
I think the POI monitored are the PGPSW cameras and the POI's from POI-Handler are still not being monitored.
Any ideas please?
Doug

Doug what did you do to get the POI Monitored from 0 to 1438. As on mine POI Displayed is 59935 but POI Monitored is 0.

Please help
Pankaj
dougproctor
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
If you go to the main POI Warner screen, stop the monitoring and then click POI-Manager-POI settings-Overlay settings. Then select all or whatever POi's you want monitored. Click okay etc to get back to the main POI-Warner screen. Do a soft reset by putting a small needle in the hole on the bottom on the unit.
When you start up again, start the monitoring again and, hopefully, your POI count should have gone up.
As I am at work without my unit, I am trying to visualise the steps so give that a try first. Good luck.
Doug
jainpankaj
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot for the quick response.

Much appreciated.

I have done this many times all my POI are ticked for monitering and I have done the soft reset many times but the count seems to be 0.

I could not manage to perform automatic sync using Navigon Fresh. It keeps storing the bmp files without the asc files. With this I was always getting both the POI Displayed and POI Mointored counts 0.

I then went to www.poihandler.com and downloaded all the .bmp and .asc files manually and save them under POIWarner\pois. Once this was done and I did a soft reboot by pressing the reset button, I get non zero counts for overlays and POI Displayed but POI Monitor is still 0.

Is there any thing wronfg with the asc files downloaded from poihandler.
dougproctor
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again,
Strange. I use a combination of POI's from POI-Handler and from Pocketgpsworld. The latter need converting from csv to asc files using POI-Edit but they install just fine. When you soft reset your unit after putting the POI's on there, do you get a small box that tells you the files are being converted to POI format? Each POI in done, one after the other. If you are not getting this, perhaps this is the problem. Have you tried deleting the POI's from POI-Warner and then reinstalling them? I thought that Navigon Fresh was for loading maps etc, I use another program for synching. That program is installed with Navigon Fresh. I will have a look when I get home and see if any other settings have to be done. If I remember rightly, I think there is another setting that needs tick boxes but I may be wrong!
Will be back on later with any other info I find.
Doug
jainpankaj
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I do get this dialog, which says converting POI. But I have been using POI files from www.poihandler.com. May be I should try POI files from PocketPGS.

How do you delete POI from Navigon? And how do you convert .csv to .asc. I guess you need to keep POI files into the POINWarner\pois folders.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: