Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Moans about Lifetime Subscriptions
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Moans about Lifetime Subscriptions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rockin_plumber wrote:
M8TJT wrote:
Given the invitational title of this thread, two pages and NO moans yet Shocked . Weird, isn't it Wink

Look what you did Laughing

He He Very Happy
(Only quoted because the quote is on the previous page)
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

technik wrote:
People that submit cameras get no feedback at all which is why I don't bother reporting or subscribing any more.

I'm sorry but your comments are a classic example of the attitude which thankfully is the minority here.

You subscribe and you get access to the database, the quality of which is there for all to see, nothing to hide. Plenty of people recognise the database for its accuracy.

If you subscribed only in order to gain access to a free lifetime subscription then you entirely miss the point of the offer and if you're embittered as a result than I have little sympathy.

All those who submit qualifying reports gain lifetime subscription, no catches. You're 'Can't be bothered' says it all really. For the record, none of your five submissions were the first. Some lucky members gain a Lifetime on their first submission, others have submitted dozens without succeeding yet still continue to submit.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
sorry but we just don't have time to personally and individually respond to 100 submissions every day?! occasionally i will email a submitter to ask for more details or to confirm what they mean and probably 60% of the time i don't even get a reply to those requests

100 a day, of which a very large proportion are either duplicates in a scattershot spread of coordinates around the actual location, or almost immediately obviously wrong - North Sea, Irish Sea, North Atlantic, Serpentine, Farmer Giles's best cow field, you name it. Qualifier is the first to accurately report - second loses out, near miss loses out.

As for responding to our queries, all I know is MaFt bcc-ed me in on a couple of emails recently asking for information I had requested from the submitter (I don't know who submits) and there was no reply - he obviously gets a better percentage response than I do! Crying or Very sad

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
technik
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for clearing up some of my suspicions. Very Happy Laughing

How about a discount for subscribers that renew their membership?

Surely that would encourage more people to continue subscribing. Razz
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately it appears you missed the special discount offer of a couple of months ago. What discount is there room for on £20? I think the re-subscribers do so because they know the database is the best you can get and they regard the price as value for money - one third of the cost of three points, it's three years' comfortable driving before it goes into loss.

Mullet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
People that submit cameras get no feedback at all which is why I don't bother reporting or subscribing any more.

Also too many mobile camera alerts where I have never seen a camera.

Is't it the case that mobiles are removed after a time if they are not re submitted?

That's a strong case to support the database and keep reporting.

..and must say I despise bcc.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mullet wrote:
..and must say I despise bcc.

So do I and I don't think I've ever used it myself. But with a very few notable exceptions, we tend not to identify which Verifier has adjudicated on any particular camera to avoid full frontal confrontation - there are enough instances of aggrieved submitters without offering them individual targets. This thread is about complaints over lifetime membership awards - imagine the bad taste of PMs and emails to a specific Verifier over why she or he rejected a submission, thus denying a free membership award?

Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

technik wrote:
Thanks for clearing up some of my suspicions. Very Happy Laughing

How about a discount for subscribers that renew their membership?

Surely that would encourage more people to continue subscribing. Razz

Whilst I like the option of a discount and I agree it would be a nice incentive it is technically difficult for us to overcome using our current infrastructure and of course assumes we need to offer incentives to encourage members to renew.

We actually have quite a low churn rate with many subscribers now entering their 3rd year as continuous customers.
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:

We actually have quite a low churn rate with .......

What is churn rate? I thought it was something to do with butter Very Happy
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the a measure of new customers joining up to existing subscribers leaving.

Wikipedia link
rockin_plumber
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
........there are enough instances of aggrieved submitters without offering them individual targets.

Im sure you would deal with them Very Happy

Feed them to the wolves I say Twisted Evil
washman
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I would rather pay my full subscription to this site than get a fine and points for speeding, which would cost me alot more. Even if I got a lifetime membership I would still pay my subscription as its well worth it.

With modern cars its too easy to go over the speed limit without realising it,as modern cars are so quiet you often do not realise how fast you are going.

Keep up the good work on the database chaps.

Washman
rockin_plumber
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe another idea......

In the T&C that nobody ever reads Twisted Evil
Insert a clause...

If you still can't understand the symbols on the submission map then maybe we can help!
Should you wish us to investigate if you are a first submitter of an accurate camera submission, this will result in your subscription being cancelled and you will need to re-subscribe to gain access to the datatbase again.
This clause will be activated by an email to any of the staff, a PM or a post in the forum requesting this information.
This is to cover time spent personally investigating your submission for you and is non-negotiable.
mike37
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After several years I received a lifetime membership recently even though I was not expecting to receive it as I was away for the weekend and was convinced I would be beaten to the submission. I am very grateful for this gift and treat it as such, a generous gift.

I travel on business and find it most re-assuring even with cruise control in the car to have the added safety net of the camera database installed. I would like to thank all of your subscribers and the PGPSW people for keeping the database maintained and encourage you to keep submitting. Even if you are not fortunate enough in being awarded a lifetime membership the subscription is really fairly insignificant when compared with the costs of getting caught.

Like many others with lifetime membership I continue to report cameras in the spirit of helping to keep the database up to date. There is after all an added feel good factor when your login name appears on the weekly camera update Email.

Finally, to possibly answer an earlier point too, perhaps another reason why details of new cameras are not too heavily detailed is it would make it easier for another supplier to use the data to issue their own database.

Mike
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike37 wrote:
Finally, to possibly answer an earlier point too, perhaps another reason why details of new cameras are not too heavily detailed is it would make it easier for another supplier to use the data to issue their own database.

correct :D

MaFt

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: