Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Moans about Lifetime Subscriptions
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Moans about Lifetime Subscriptions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fatboyjt
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I can say to this is that all the people who spend their own time/money in keeping this site up should be applauded not berrated.

And before they ask

NO I am not a lifetime member
NO I am not a Moderator / Admin
NO I am not a verifer

I am an ordinary user, who paid my subscription.

I browse forums and help if I can, I report piracy when I see it, I post cameras when I spot them (1 UK, 3 France last year), I may be lucky and get a life time membership, but if not, I will just re-subscribe when its due and carry on.

Sorry for the rant, but hey, you guys dont need the S Censored T, you work hard enough doing what you do.

Keep up the good work

fatboyjt - willing subscriber Very Happy
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same as you fatboyjt.

To be honest I find it hard to understand why people don't understand the process. When I first joined I didn't know, but read the various sickies and forums and it soon becomes apparent.

When people have a question or want clarity whatever, there is a right way and a wrong way to ask. If it becomes more of a demand, then Admin etc rightly feel a bit miffed.

If you don't like the site/system whatever, then don't join and go elsewhere. I don't think many would mind.
The Rudd
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 6:55 pm    Post subject: speed cameras Reply with quote

The 1st time that I submitted a speed camera I had placed this in the middle of the town moor with the cows. I learnt my lesson that time.

As soon as I see another new camera I hope that I am the first and I will get the prized Lifetime Subscription.

For the amount of money that you pay for this site it is well worth it, if you don't get one then try and try again.

If you dont win the lottery you wouldn't blame the admin of Camelot

Don't balme the moderators for doing there job and trying to be fair to us us all.

Jerry aka the rudd
rockin_plumber
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was surprised when I got my lifetime membership, I had only been here about 3 weeks and submitted 2 mobiles and 1 got confirmed in that short space of time.

So there you have it, its just the luck of the draw.

Did it stop me submitting new cameras and seen again reports/ alterations. NO!

Im would have carried on my subscription as the £20 spent on this database is far better than the £20 spent on the TomTom database by miles!!

Obviously the more people that submit cameras the harder it is going to be to be a first, but I think I have spotted 2 or 3 mobiles from memory that were not in the database which susequently made it into the full database.

Above all accuracy and good description help the verifiers which helps us the subscribers!! So its no good complaining just keep on submitting!!
falkirk81
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 9:51 pm    Post subject: Re: speed cameras Reply with quote

The Rudd wrote:
The 1st time that I submitted a speed camera I had placed this in the middle of the town moor with the cows. I learnt my lesson that time.

Hi Jerry, thats exactly the attitude we look for here. I cover the Newcastle area as a Verifier but have never come across that camera. I expect it didn't make it pass MaFt's criteria, ie he noticed a mobile/ fixed cam would not be in a field!

The message from all of us, the verifiers, mods and the PGPSW team is to keep submitting the cameras. If one is done in error, it will be spotted so don't worry!

Steven

iPhone 12
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rockin_plumber wrote:
Did it stop me submitting new cameras and seen again reports/ alterations. NO!

yep,. i can confirm that

rockin_plumber wrote:
Im would have carried on my subscription as the £20 spent on this database is far better than the £20 spent on the TomTom database by miles!!

please can you just pay anyway? for every new lifetime subscriber i get £400 taken from my bank account to cover 20 years subscription costs Crying or Very sad Wink i have 2 kids, a wife and a cat to feed... think of the cats, ahem, i mean think of the children!

MaFt
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
i have 2 kids, a wife and a cat to feed... think of the cats, ahem, i mean think of the children!

Take them out into the forest and leave them there - remember not to let them take any little pebbles or stuff to leave a trail behind (breadcrumbs are allowed). Only before you do, get one of the kids to show you where the caps/shift key is. Twisted Evil

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given the invitational title of this thread, two pages and NO moans yet Shocked . Weird, isn't it Wink
Pontyslapper
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really a moan, more a request....

I'm a lifer and haven't got the nifty I'm a lifer tag on my profile - I get jealous about that one.

I got lucky with my submission as it was on the road to my parents and I couldn't believe my luck to be the first to snag it as its quite a busy road!
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pontyslapper wrote:
Not really a moan, more a request....

I'm a lifer and haven't got the nifty I'm a lifer tag on my profile - I get jealous about that one.

Now if you'd asked in the thread created just for that purpose........

I've now added it Laughing
technik
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why are new cameras not listed when a new database comes out along with the date and who reported it?

If this was done then everyone can see they are either not being, or are being ripped off.

People that submit cameras get no feedback at all which is why I don't bother reporting or subscribing any more.

Also too many mobile camera alerts where I have never seen a camera.

Can we have the names and dates that people are supposed to have verified these?
falkirk81
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The people who submit qualifying new cameras DO have their names listed on each and every new DB release!

For example, from the last DB update

Every time we release the PocketGPSWorld.com Speed Camera Database we award those subscribers whose reports met our qualifying criteria a FREE Lifetime Membership to the site. We will publish the names of those who achieved the award following each release.

Of the 24 unique submitters who were first to make qualifying reports for this weeks database release (7.054) congratulations are due for the following 7 members who have just been awarded a FREE Lifetime Subscription:

biggered
Billus
gregmac
qwertyflooss
skier
Sparta
tonyhgv

3 members missed out by not being subscribed at the time of submission. The remaining 14 qualifying submitters were already Lifetime Members. Our continued thanks to: bmuskett, Coaster2, colin3590, DJ_Chalky, frank11, gchell, inthe128, oops, pawel_k, rockin_plumber, rublet, sp9hzx, UsuallyLost, WRINKLEY.

iPhone 12
rockin_plumber
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

technik wrote:
Why are new cameras not listed when a new database comes out along with the date and who reported it?

The admin's job is hard enough anyway without doing this as well Rolling Eyes

technik wrote:
If this was done then everyone can see they are either not being, or are being ripped off.

People that submit cameras get no feedback at all which is why I don't bother reporting or subscribing any more.

Ripped off??
If you are only subscribed to get the Lifetime Subscritpion then maybe you are missing the point of the database Rolling Eyes
Like has been mentioned time and time again.
THEY DONT HAVE TO GIVE OUT THESE FREE SUBSCRIPTIONS.

And if you are successful you will get an email if any of your submissions are verified as correct and your liftime status is updated, isnt that feedback enough Question
Also mentioned in the newsletters as well each week!!

technik wrote:

I dont know when you stopped subscribing so dont know how old your last database is but mobiles are purged regularly now.
You are driving past these locations at the wrong time maybe??
Wouldnt you rather know that a camera might be there Question

technik wrote:

Can we have the names and dates that people are supposed to have verified these?

Do you not understand the mobile verification process Question

You submit camera.
Location checked by admin
Location added to pMobile database (I think this is when it gets added)
Location verified by one of the team of verifiers (this requires a site visit)
Camera needs spotting by anyone else and submitted.
Camera moved to Mobile database.
You get lifetime subscription email on next database release.

Why do you need names and dates its all explained somewhere here Rolling Eyes
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

technik wrote:

it would just take far too long. and regardless, people would still not believe it anyway...

technik wrote:

you get a confirmation email of your submission. what more do you want? a personal letter from me saying thanks?! sorry but we just don't have time to personally and individually respond to 100 submissions every day?! occasionally i will email a submitter to ask for more details or to confirm what they mean and probably 60% of the time i don't even get a reply to those requests...

Quote:

i never saw my local mobile van at the local sites until i started working from home and drove the roads during the day. chances are they have been parked up while you're at work and not where they are? that doesn't mean they don't exist. i've never seen a redspeed camera but i take people's word that they exist.

Quote:

again, it would take far too much time and what would it actually achieve?

MaFt
rockin_plumber
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M8TJT wrote:
Given the invitational title of this thread, two pages and NO moans yet Shocked . Weird, isn't it Wink

Look what you did Laughing

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: