Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Traffic information bar disappeared
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Traffic information bar disappeared
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TonyD
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:24 am    Post subject: Traffic information bar disappeared Reply with quote

I have been using TT traffic info for a while now but suddenly the traffic information sidebar on the right hand side has disappeared. Traffic information itself is still working I think because I get voice messages about it. If I navigate to Traffic via the screen, as soon as I select Traffic it just drops me back to the Home screen, but it has always done that and I get to it normally by tapping the sidebar. My subscription is current and I have done a soft reset (the TomTom drums) but not a factory reset just yet as I don't want to lose settings unless I have to. Any ideas ?
HenryMitchell
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine has done that a few times and updating the unit via TT Home seemed to fix it.
Map: Europe v920.5244 (11/2013)
TonyD
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HenryMitchell wrote:
Mine has done that a few times and updating the unit via TT Home seemed to fix it.

OK I'll try that thanks
TonyD
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops, problem solved. I thought I had subscribed to Live after my 3 months expired, but hadn't. Now subscribed and working.
However, I still have the problem that I can't access Traffic via the home screen menu icons. As soon as I select traffic information it drops me back to the main navigation screen. however, I think I have seen other people here report that same behaviour. The reason why this is a bit of an issue to me rather than tapping the sidebar is because I can use the remote control to get to the icons but not the sidebar.
HenryMitchell
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TonyD wrote:
I still have the problem that I can't access Traffic via the home screen menu icons. As soon as I select traffic information it drops me back to the main navigation screen. however, I think I have seen other people here report that same behaviour. The reason why this is a bit of an issue to me rather than tapping the sidebar is because I can use the remote control to get to the icons but not the sidebar.

Yes, I get the same problem when using the remote. The easiest way round this is to press the bottom right soft-key to get the route summary, then the bottom left soft-key to go to the "Details" section, then press "Left" twice and then enter to go into the traffic menu. (I'm doing this from memory so please excuse any errors!)

It seems a bit of a long way round but it becomes second nature fairly quickly.
TonyD
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HenryMitchell wrote:

Yes, I get the same problem when using the remote. The easiest way round this is to press the bottom right soft-key to get the route summary, then the bottom left soft-key to go to the "Details" section, then press "Left" twice and then enter to go into the traffic menu. (I'm doing this from memory so please excuse any errors!)

It seems a bit of a long way round but it becomes second nature fairly quickly.

Yes, that works (well something similar to that), that's great thanks. The problem I have with touching the screen is that I have an MPV and the TomTom is a bit of a stretch.
However, do we actually have a bug here, and are TomTom aware ?
HenryMitchell
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I know, several PGPSW members have reported this to TT but there's no harm in adding yourself to the list...
TonyD
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HenryMitchell wrote:
As far as I know, several PGPSW members have reported this to TT but there's no harm in adding yourself to the list...

Sorry about this, but how do I do that ?
HenryMitchell
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a link to TT's UK Support team. They will tell you that's the way it is but if enough people complain they might change it in the next OS update.

http://uk.support.tomtom.com/cgi-bin/tomtom_uk.cfg/php/enduser/ask.php
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HenryMitchell wrote:
Here's a link to TT's UK Support team.

http://uk.support.tomtom.com/cgi-bin/tomtom_uk.cfg/php/enduser/ask.php

OK... I was quite intrigued by this as I've never seen a direct link to contact TomTom before.
I've only ever known the method where you have to go to their support site, pretend to ask a question, pretend to read the answer, and then click the link at the bottom where it says "Did this answer your question?"

Now... your link took me to a page where it said I had to log in to ask my question, but when I do it just goes to the "Update my profile" page. How do I get back to an "Ask the question" page?
HenryMitchell
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
I was quite intrigued by this as I've never seen a direct link to contact TomTom before.
I've only ever known the method where you have to go to their support site, pretend to ask a question, pretend to read the answer, and then click the link at the bottom where it says "Did this answer your question?"

Now... your link took me to a page where it said I had to log in to ask my question, but when I do it just goes to the "Update my profile" page. How do I get back to an "Ask the question" page?

It's a fudged URL that I got from the eaxt process you describe... maybe it won't work for all TT accounts. You might have to do it the old fashioned way you are used to.

TT don't make it easy to talk to them do they?
TonyD
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HenryMitchell wrote:

It's a fudged URL that I got from the eaxt process you describe... maybe it won't work for all TT accounts. You might have to do it the old fashioned way you are used to.

TT don't make it easy to talk to them do they?

Yes, I had to do it Andy_P's way as well, but now done. And no, they don't make it easy to talk to them. Typical was when going through the list of possible questions/problems not one of them actually allowed for a fault in the software. There wasn't actually anywhere logical to report such a thing.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TonyD wrote:
when going through the list of possible questions/problems not one of them actually allowed for a fault in the software. There wasn't actually anywhere logical to report such a thing.

I just pick ANY question at random!
TonyD
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
TonyD wrote:
when going through the list of possible questions/problems not one of them actually allowed for a fault in the software. There wasn't actually anywhere logical to report such a thing.

I just pick ANY question at random!

That's what I did, but it just shows a mindset of "there can't possibly be anything wrong with our software"
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't look at the question, don't look at the answer, just go straight to the box and write your problem, then persist in sending it. I may be exaggerating in saying that the standard questions and answers never answer anything, it's just that they've never answered anything I've asked!!

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: