Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom release v8.350 for GO x20, GO x30 and GO x40
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom release v8.350 for GO x20, GO x30 and GO x40
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
falkirk81
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No cure for this issue as far as i'm aware. Some people have reverted back to v8.302 navcore to solve the issues. Not sure if thats something you are comfortable with.

iPhone 12
pEst_29
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a way to download the previous version again and install? I'd like to revert without having to revert the full backup. Unfortunately, I don't have any of the previous versions saved...

I read in another forum that the map redraw problem might be connected to the use of the RDS-TMC receiver. Can anyone confirm they're getting this without the receiver as well (won't be able to test it myself for a few days)...

Last edited by pEst_29 on Sun May 17, 2009 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a look at page 28 of this thread, that is the last time I posted links and instructions on how to roll back - Mike
pEst_29
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
Have a look at page 28 of this thread, that is the last time I posted links and instructions on how to roll back - Mike

Thanks! I have a Mac though, so things will be a bit different... Either way, I can't download from those links...?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pEst_29 wrote:
Either way, I can't download from those links...?

Why not? the links are still working as I just checked them - Mike
marcushopkins
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 6:10 pm    Post subject: mac download Reply with quote

ctrl click the links and select download file to disk on the mac Smile
They do work as i have used them.
pEst_29
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaTe wrote:
falkirk81 wrote:
JaTe, I have the same issue you describe. Every 20-30 seconds, I lose all map detail for a second. It always re-appears. Have reported it to the people that need to know, but so far, its not a widely reported problem!

Hi Falkirk81
As yet I haven't raised a ticket with TT - will follow up on that tomorrow and see what response I get.

Skywalker - seems that there are a few more coming forward now with the same problem, so maybe TT need to revisit the upgrade.

I've asked TomTom about the map flicker so will see what they say. Meanwhile, found the previous version of NavCore in my computer thanks to Time Machine and I'm now reverting away from this 8.350 crap.
Skywalker
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 7:32 pm    Post subject: Screen Flicker Reply with quote

pEst_29 wrote:
Is there a way to download the previous version again and install? I'd like to revert without having to revert the full backup. Unfortunately, I don't have any of the previous versions saved...

I read in another forum that the map redraw problem might be connected to the use of the RDS-TMC receiver. Can anyone confirm they're getting this without the receiver as well (won't be able to test it myself for a few days)...

Thinking about it mine only flickered when attached to the RDS-TMC reciever. I have a docking station in the car so RDS-TMC is always connected. It doesn't do it in demo mode in the house. I assumed that this was something to do with demo mode so perhaps they are right in what they are thinking
Robin2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 7:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Analysis of “Boot loader” version number. Reply with quote

Bongoman wrote:
My boot version is 5.5120 and it is not working.

I also have 5.5120, but don't have any problems with my Go 720. (NB I am NOT using a TMC receiver)

Robin
Plus a lot of other PDA GPS kit, seldom used

Last edited by Robin2 on Mon May 18, 2009 10:17 am; edited 1 time in total
richard345
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 520 with App 8.50 and Bootloader 5.5120 and up until I got an RDS-TMC recever (type 014 with the round jackplug) I didn't have any problems with a blanking screen.

It now happens whenever the receiver is plugged in, either searching or locked on to a station.

I will be trying the RDS-TMC with my old App 7.20 which is on the Internal Memory. I also have a new SD card on order, so I will put 8.302 on it and try that.
sven1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

richard345 wrote:
I have a 520 with App 8.50 and Bootloader 5.5120 and up until I got an RDS-TMC recever (type 014 with the round jackplug) I didn't have any problems with a blanking screen.

It now happens whenever the receiver is plugged in, either searching or locked on to a station.

I will be trying the RDS-TMC with my old App 7.20 which is on the Internal Memory. I also have a new SD card on order, so I will put 8.302 on it and try that.

I get screen refres prob every 15 secs or so when icons (and sometimes roads) will disappear. It is only when I have my TMC plugged in.

Other than that the upgrade went smoothly. I do feel the volume is lower although still audible at 90%. It may be subjective or prevailing conditions but I do seem to get a better TMC signal than before.

Jon
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pEst_29 wrote:
Also, I don't know if this makes any sense but it seems a full battery is only lasting about 45 minutes now!!! Anyone else noticing a sudden shortening of battery life?

I don't use it on battery, but I was asked by "someone" to do a test on it (thinking TT had "solved" the crackly voice on low battery "issue" by chopping the battery usage! They have a history of solving problems by hiding them in a Navcore update - e.g. stopped switching off with power loss to "solve" the "issue" with dodgy connections on the x10 mounts instead of rebuilding the mounts/connectors). I think these timings were my findings (by memory so might be a bit out). After 40 minutes, the volume became so faint that I couldn't understand anything (that was on a day when my first hour of running was off motorway, relatively quiet so I was able to hear instructions despite the rotten volume "issue" I have with 8.350). After 50 minutes, the sound completely died so no nav instructions, just the map running. After 90 minutes, it died. It was the first and only time I had ever run my TT on battery alone.

To concur with others about the screen blink or whatever, I also run my 920T with the RDS-TMC always connected (the round plug thing with flat egg shaped thingy). When I think about it, I can well believe it could be whenever the RDS-TMC re-acquires an update or signal. I've given up on 8.350 now and rolled back to 8.302, but I do have 8.350 on SDHC card, so I'll try to give it a test with and without. I haven't found the blink too much of a problem, mostly, I suspect, because I don't look at the screen too often until I get into small roads in towns I don't know. It is niggly, though and I can understand people having a real problem with it if it lasts longer than I've noticed.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
falkirk81
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on the consensus that says that its likely to be related to having the RDS-TMC connections plugged in, I have both the standard x40 windscreen mount and the new iPod and RDS-TMC enabled mount, so I will give them a go at work tomorrow and see how the flicker fairs!

iPhone 12
Fozzee
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pEst_29 wrote:
JaTe wrote:
falkirk81 wrote:
JaTe, I have the same issue you describe. Every 20-30 seconds, I lose all map detail for a second. It always re-appears. Have reported it to the people that need to know, but so far, its not a widely reported problem!

Hi Falkirk81
As yet I haven't raised a ticket with TT - will follow up on that tomorrow and see what response I get.

Skywalker - seems that there are a few more coming forward now with the same problem, so maybe TT need to revisit the upgrade.

I've asked TomTom about the map flicker so will see what they say. Meanwhile, found the previous version of NavCore in my computer thanks to Time Machine and I'm now reverting away from this 8.350 crap.

Only crap for you pal it's the best navcore yet for me :-)
Nigel42
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

In addition to the screen flickering in and out problem (which occurred EVERY 10 sec yesterday). i have this new problem since installing 8.350.

If I want to add a Favorite I get this red message 'File access error"

But if I take my TMC out everything works fine!

Anyone else noticed this 'bug'?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 30 of 39

Jump to: