Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom release v8.350 for GO x20, GO x30 and GO x40
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom release v8.350 for GO x20, GO x30 and GO x40
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
quozl
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the following issue using the GPRS services since the upgrade to 8.350.

NOTE: Since posting this originally I have reverted back to 8.302 thanks to the wonderful info and link to the file as posted in this thread and the GPRS is working as it should, so I will leave things as are until 8.350 is fixed. As a side note I also had the volume issue and an issue with the car symbol not saving to my car when I changed it while using 8.350

I thought I would post this in here so others may see it if needed.

Firstly my specs are as follow
Go 930
App: 8.350(9980/090427)
Map: Australia v815.2086 (latest version)
Phone: Nokia 2600 Classic
Provider: Vodafone Australia

The issue I am having is

1) Since the "upgrade" to 8.350 I can no longer make a connection to any GPRS services using my phone. I can't check weather or use any other services that require a packet data connection. I thought I may just need to delete and then re add the phone and packet data connection but that made no difference.

I can make phone calls fine and the 930 packet data connection is connecting to my phone but the second I try and access any of the services like weather for example the Nokia 2600 shows a message packet Data Disconnected and the 930 just freezes and after around 60 seconds it reboots itself. I am using a Nokia 2600 classic with the 930 and it worked perfectly before upgrading to 8.350.

As mentioned at the start of the post I have reverted to 8.302 thanks to the wonderful info and link on this site and it now works again perfectly.

Cheers Quozl

Last edited by quozl on Wed May 13, 2009 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
jimbo_hippo
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats interesting Quozl. I have the reduced volume issue but still use GPRS with a PAYG Nokia on Orange UK and didn't even need to re-pair them.

It would seem that this new release has created a few new issues and to be fair to Tom Tom (did I just say that?) when it comes to 3rd party devices it's tricky to cover them all. Different countries and providers have different connection methods and I can't give any advice. Strange that it worked before though.

That said, I cured a lot of woes by updating the OS on my Blackberry. Is your phones OS/firmware upgradeable? Might be worth a go.

My biggest gripe is this. I think we all accept that software will have some bugs and issues with certain hardware and 3rd party devices as well as some across the board problems. But with other devices I see patches and quick fixes with new build numbers coming in rapid succession following a release. Also you'll see the manufacturer hosting a forum and discussing issues and providing advice. With Tom Tom it seems we all have to live with faults for months until the next release or revert to a previous version. Postings on this forum show that even their tech support can't give the same answer twice unless it's a reset. But hey.....I'm off on a rant again. Time to reign it in.
Holux GPSslim
keithmillar
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GerryC
I've just phone TT support, and logged a call with then and they will let me know whats going on and if there are aware of this problem.
I did tell them that there's a thread here on PocketGPSWorld thats now reached 25 pages on the subject of their 8.350 app.

Cheers

Garmin 3598LTM-D
Android CoPilot
Navigon 72 Plus Live
TTGO540
orion_jb2001
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 2:07 pm    Post subject: what a load of ................. Reply with quote

This 835 totally refuses to work for me. I have tried all the suggestions in ths topic to no avail. And to make it real weird, when hooked up to home, the pnd will operate with version 835. When the pnd is unhooked, it just keeps on looping......................grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Evil or Very Mad
orion_jb2001
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 2:20 pm    Post subject: and further.................. Reply with quote

and may be the problem is the download listed in this forum for 835./ I have just reverted back to 832 with out a problem (extracting with win rar as mentioned earlier). BUT when I do the same procedure with the file 835, I get the loop. Now is that down loaded 835 file kosher ????????????????????? Question
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

orion... any reason why you used that download to update, rather than letting Home do it?
orion_jb2001
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

every reason in the world,when using home, it wont update and work at all. When using the file, the 835 ver will work in home via operate my go, it will not work with the pnd by its self.

??
orion_jb2001
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and more, I have just had a comparison between the 835 and 8302 and 8010 files. Now I know there would be some differences BUT I am reckoning that the 835 file is missing things and also may have some corrupt file headings.
orion_jb2001
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

someone mentioned they were having problems with gprs...............that is one portion that is missing with 835 file.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimbo_hippo wrote:
Has anyone done any tests on whether earlier tweaking done with voice files from previous releses/fixes from here have any bearing on this? I can't for the life of me remember what I did when trying to fix the stutter but I'm sure there was some voice file swapping going on wasn't there? I might try deleting voices and redownload to see if that fixes it. Would explain the random nature of this issue. Anyone tried that?

I've flapped around like a headless chicken over this voice business. I reverted to previous settings when the stutter came along. Then I tried another update and tried copying a Loquendo folder from a 730. I really don't know where I am with it all.

So this morning I compared my satisfactory SDHC card (complete system, App 8.302 with v825 map) with my Device (complete system App 8.350 with v825 map). The only difference in usage that I can identify is that the 8.302 one has a loud enough volume for me to hear.

All I compared was the Loquendo TTS\EnglishGb\Kate folder. Both folders contained identical name and size files.

I tested them both again and the volume was OK on 8.302, rubbish on 8.350. In case of "funnies", I copied the entire folder from 8.302 to 8.350 and tested again - still the volume problem.

So in my case, it's not the Loquendo files.

Ah me! I must go off and find my copy of DriveZ to try and compare all the rest of it. Not that I'll have any idea what to do if/when I find a difference between the two installations. But at least I'll be able to play happily swapping from one to the other to see which file does the dirty business (Yes, I'm ignorant and will probably clag it all up, but I have super-protected backups and have no worries about them).

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
kiwi69
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just sent off my question to TT about the volume issue since the update... Wont hold my breath.
As my 530 is only 2 months old, If i re install from my original backup (not made with Home) from new and then don't update applications, it should give me my volume back, shouldn't it?? Confused or am I just making work for myself? Question
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

orion_jb2001 wrote:
someone mentioned they were having problems with gprs...............that is one portion that is missing with 835 file.

Both of you with the GPRS issue following upgrade to 8,350 are from "Down Under" I wonder if this might have something to do with the issue? - Mke
orion_jb2001
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stand by, stand by............ 8.35 no longer being offered by my Home as an update. (running 8.32). Maybe there is an imminent 836+ about to launch........
wigfield
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well its still comming up in home when i connect Crying or Very sad
gatorguy6996
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was pulled for North America sometime last Friday for the 740's, but still left up for x20's and 30's

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 25 of 39

Jump to: