Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom release v8.350 for GO x20, GO x30 and GO x40
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom release v8.350 for GO x20, GO x30 and GO x40
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
asperion
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sitrap wrote:
spannersatcx wrote:
Alabama978 wrote:
Quote:
Has everyone having problems with sound followed the advice posted above? Having unchecked the "Link volume to noise level", the volume on my 720 is once again normal;

I have a 720 and this has cured the volume problem.

I have a 520 and it didn't fix it!

In the interest of balance, I also have a 520, and it did fix it. Sorry.

Unchecking the "Link volume to noise level" does increase the volume on my 520. However, although the volume is running at 100% volume on the latest release, it is still quieter than at 85% on previous version.
wigfield
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did have the new navcore and the voice was just as loud as the previous navcore,But i did go back to the previous navcore because i was going on a long trip and i didn't want it to mess up,Ive just updated it to the new navcore and now i can notice the difference in the volume the new navcore is a bit quiter,I now have to have it on 90% where before i had it on 80% which was louder enough.

The Link volume to noise level wasn't ticked,So i did tick it and did a demo route yep its very quite,So its now unticked.
cocacola186
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

myself and my father have got the 520 and have just updated them and the volume is crap to say the least. my father is a lorry driver and his hearing is not the best so he is having problem hearing the voice commands. is tomtom going to do a fix for this. have unticked the link sound and it doesn't make alot of difference

Last edited by cocacola186 on Mon May 11, 2009 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
snowman72
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 7:29 pm    Post subject: tomtom roll back Reply with quote

Hi all
I have spoken to tomtom today in regards to this problem wth the volume and they have admited that it is causing issues not sure if they are looking into it but i do now have roll backs for the 720

i have the following

I am happy to share this with anyone who needs them
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is unfortunate for those having sound issues. I have a 730 and while the sound thru the internal speaker has been reduced 15% or so, it merges better when I disconnect my bluetooth earpiece.
I keep the volume high (85-100%) when using bluetooth output. So when the earpiece battery dies or I switch it off and the sound reverts to the internal speaker the now quieter sound levels don't blast out hyperdistored instructions anymore.
The way it was I can't imagine anyone actually using 100% volume and if they were and their unit wasn't distoring badly then they may already have had a problem with their sound output being too low and the new update has simply made an existing problem worse.
For my unit and the way I use it the sound output now is about perfect so I hope that doesn't change in future updates. I do hope those with problems can get them sorted out though.
jimbo_hippo
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hang on a minute chaps. Everyone is posting about how it suits them. Shouldn't it suit everybody? I mean if I drive a Bentley and it's loud enough shouldn't I appreciate that it should work for that commoner white van man? And where is the seperate voice vs Mp3 option that we LOST about 4 sofware updates and 18 months ago?

The fact that it suits some now more than others and doesn't some some as much as others shows that it isnt progress. It's just an accident! Let's get real here. I want it to suit the guy who's father is an elderly truck driver, I want it to suit the guy with the 520 who reverted to the previous version, and most of all I'd like it to suit me with Bluetooth that doesn't support AVRC. Combined with volume which means in my motorhome I can't hear a goddamn thing!

Please don't post 'it's not ideal but it suits me'. It's a forum and we should be aiming for improvements not acceptability. If I read a post from someone who wants HD traffic to do something then I want it to work for them even though I don't have the option of HD traffic. (ooops....that's another topic).

Come on guys. It's a sh+t update with no fixes, one new feature and a load of stuff broken. As I always say, I want Tom Tom to release something that makes me smile and this isn't it!!!
Holux GPSslim
Augustus
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimbo_hippo wrote:
Hang on a minute chaps. Everyone is posting about how it suits them. Shouldn't it suit everybody? I mean if I drive a Bentley and it's loud enough shouldn't I appreciate that it should work for that commoner white van man? And where is the seperate voice vs Mp3 option that we LOST about 4 sofware updates and 18 months ago?

The fact that it suits some now more than others and doesn't some some as much as others shows that it isnt progress. It's just an accident! Let's get real here. I want it to suit the guy who's father is an elderly truck driver, I want it to suit the guy with the 520 who reverted to the previous version, and most of all I'd like it to suit me with Bluetooth that doesn't support AVRC. Combined with volume which means in my motorhome I can't hear a goddamn thing!

Please don't post 'it's not ideal but it suits me'. It's a forum and we should be aiming for improvements not acceptability. If I read a post from someone who wants HD traffic to do something then I want it to work for them even though I don't have the option of HD traffic. (ooops....that's another topic).

Come on guys. It's a sh+t update with no fixes, one new feature and a load of stuff broken. As I always say, I want Tom Tom to release something that makes me smile and this isn't it!!!

Hey! well said!!! Thank you. It same it goes with my 16 Gb SDHC Memory card that is not seen anymore with the 8.350 shitty update
Cheers ! Laughing
Map of North AMERICA v830.2284
-------------------------------------------------------
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is that as usual everyone's experience seems to be different. By the time it has gone round and round in a forum, no-one knows what to believe any more.

For example, the last poster before this says his 16GB card is no longer recognised. Is that a universal problem? No-one else has mentioned it in 23 pages, but it will be added to the "shitty update" story.

Even if the volume is slightly lower (I'm not convinced of that, yet) there's no way for MOST people that it is "nearly inaudible", so what's going on there?

And far from "no fixes" what about the work done to restore the FM navigation and the improvements to the phone book import routine?
I reckon there have been well over 100 other minor fixes in the two months since the v8.350 first came out of the lab.

But I'm getting sick of defending TomTom, I want to go back to moaning like I normally do!
Augustus
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will is like this the last poster before this says that I'm getting sick of defending TomTom I'll tell you I've posted all ready about the 16 Gb memory card problem with that "shitty update" so why is that I can not use my 16 Gb memory card anymore when I got maps in there. That alone to me is a complete discard as far as an update.
Cheers!!
spannersatcx
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Even if the volume is slightly lower (I'm not convinced of that, yet)
You're not convinced of what, that the volume is lower ors slightly lower (in that how can people tell) I can assure you that it is significantly lower so much so with a radio on at a modeate level and normal road noise you CAN NOT hear spoken instructions on my 520 that was fine before. Mad
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been using 16GB cards in the 720 and 930 carrying maps/ music etc with no issues at all running 8,350 have you checked the data on the card hasn't got messed up? - Mike
mightyyid
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My update - having posted earlier about the issues with the sound...

I have now arrived in the UK yesterday, got the hire car and the sound was.... pants. Back to the low volume level that I tried to avoid so all that resetting etc did nothing at all. Not impressed.

I also now have the bug back on the PGPSW speed camera where none of them can be assigned a sound because it gets stuck in the loop and I cannot recall how to remedy this. So I have all the cameras but no sound to tell me where they are...

and the volume is on 100%, does not distort because it is not loud enough to distort...

Love them...

can anyone advise the workaround ona 720 for the cameras when you wish to select a sound and it does not let you?

Andy
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you using the ogg sound files for the spoken alerts? if so when the device puts the message on screen asking "Is this the sound you want to use" but it doesn't play anything simply select Yes and it will have picked the coresponding ogg file - Repeat this for each of the camera categories you have installed to the device - Mike
mightyyid
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that - did not realise they did not actually make the sounds so will give them a test later...

A
Augustus
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
I have been using 16GB cards in the 720 and 930 carrying maps/ music etc with no issues at all running 8,350 have you checked the data on the card hasn't got messed up? - Mike

Hi, Mike
I only have maps inside the card and nothing also.
The same card it's been working great with the 8.302 and all the past application. What it is happening the 730 it does not even start unless I pull the card out with the 8.350, at the same time once I go back to the 8.302 application it works great like always.
I even tried my 8 Gb card different brand with only one map same thing.
I just going to wait until the next application and see if the problem it’s resolved
Cheers!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 22 of 39

Jump to: