Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Changing Credit Card details for Live Services
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Changing Credit Card details for Live Services

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:58 pm    Post subject: Changing Credit Card details for Live Services Reply with quote

Has anyone any idea on how to do this as my credit card is no longer valid?

If I go to the TomTom website for support I get into an endless loop. I log in, go through all the device details and questions and when I click on the "ask support" at the end of the questions it tells me I must be logged on, I log on, it asks the same questions and goes endlessly through this loop.
robbooth
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't help with the inital problem but if you ever solve the logging in problem let me know! My account does exactley the same. Rolling Eyes

Have you a paypal account that you could use to pay for the live services?
dlpruk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had weeks of problems with TT trying to do this as their system doesn't seem to recognise that card details do change from time to time for various reasons.

I got there in the end so the simple answer is probably just to keep filing tickets reporting the problem you're having and to back that with phone calls.

The more complex one, which I haven't tested, might be to cancel the subscription you have and to try registering your TT to another email address and to try subscribing afresh from that and with the new card number in the hope that you can get TT to credit you for any double payments that occur.

Perhaps someone with more detailed knowledge of TT's ways could confirm that might work or say why it wouldn't?
matthewj
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dlpruk wrote:
The more complex one, which I haven't tested, might be to cancel the subscription you have

Ha! When I wanted to buy the 1 year subscription at a discount, I found I had to first cancel my subscription (which support did for me). But to do that, I needed to pay the next fee, at which point they take the 1 month notice, and the next month I pay again for the last month. When that is all done, my sub is ended and I can buy it again at the discount.

I mention this because given how incomplete this system is, you will probably find that the expired credit card can only be changed after cancelling. So, just make two more payments on the expired card, which will of course trigger an error, and stop the cancelling. To overcome this, just cancel the account, by making two more payments...

I would fear switching to another email address. I suspect that will break their system even more.
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I phoned TomTom about this and they said just let the Live Services expire when the money cannot be taken then Home will ask you to buy them again. I somehow think this is not correct and I am heading for problems when the money is due.

TomTom also informed me that my account does not exist on their servers but the man on the helpdesk managed to log into it from the web. I also pointed out I have Live Services and the Map Update service working. He promised to look into it and call me back but oddly enough no call ever came.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: