Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT720 bluetooth connection
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT720 bluetooth connection

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bubinga
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:25 pm    Post subject: TT720 bluetooth connection Reply with quote

Hi I am a new pocketgps. I have just taken delivery of a TT720, I have Motorola razr V8 phone I have tried to run the connection but it fails to find it. The v8 phone Bluetooth is switched on. Is it not possible to connect with this phone?
Any help would be appreciated.
]
best wishes B
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum, whilst you say the Bluetooth is switched on, has it also been set to discoverable without this selected the TomTom won't see the phone - Mike
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If that doesn't work, on TomTom's Phone compatibility chart only the RAZR v3, v3i and v3x are listed.
Having said that, it's worth connecting the Go to TomTom Home and checking for updates of the phone database as one of the other models may work. I have version 15 of the phone connection database on mine. (check with "show contents of my Go"
Bubinga
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:48 pm    Post subject: bluetooth v8 Reply with quote

Hj Thanks sorry not to getting back to you sooner. I had to leave the desk. I will do as you have instructed and let you know how I get on.
Thanks B
Bubinga
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:02 pm    Post subject: V8 bluetooth Reply with quote

Hi Thanks Andy I now have the phone looking for TT This is getting interesting after 2 attempts the V8 has found the TT720 but the TT720 is not recognising the V8 so I’m off to TT home and see if there is an update as Mike suggests. I'll get back.

Thanks guys B
Bubinga
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:25 pm    Post subject: V8 bluetooth Reply with quote

Hi the phone is now looking for a passkey mutually agreed on by the device. Passkey;?
Looked on the TT site and as you said it is not listed. I phone TT, that’s a laugh they are closed for the bank holiday. I though it started the day after tomorrow? It looks like a new phone now. I could find the cheapest compatible phone just to use in the car.

Thanks guys B
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just enter four numeric zeros as the password "0000" (without the "") and it will work - Mike
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Motorolas are notorious for not staying 'discoverable' for long enough - on my V3 I have to very quickly set it to discoverable again when you see the phone stop being discoverable.

You should be searching for the phone from the TT, not the other way round and use 0000 as the passcode.

Andy
Bubinga
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 11:57 am    Post subject: bluetooth v8 Reply with quote

Hi That worked Mike the V8 is now reconising the TT but not the other way. I'll keep working on it Andy and let you know how I get on Thanks for all your help best wishes and Have a good weekend. B
falkirk81
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a v8 and it is not supported by TT yet. Well, not on my GO 940 anyway. According to TT, there is an issue with this model of phone compared to the older v3 and v3i variants which means they don't work at the moment!

iPhone 12
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

falkirk81 wrote:
According to TT, there is an issue with this model of phone compared to the older v3 and v3i variants which means they don't work at the moment!

Are we sure the issue is with the phone or with the TT Laughing

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: