Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Can I load maps for my daughter
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Can I load maps for my daughter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TomDavison
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 1:25 pm    Post subject: Can I load maps for my daughter Reply with quote

Hi,

My daughter has a TT One, and is going to the states. I have maps of the USA and Canada on DVD which have never been copied or activated. How would I go about putting these maps onto her One, using my PC - she has never used a PC to interact with her satnav, and wants to do it here.
Looking at the icons in the box, it looks like I just load Home, and it does it all for me, but presumably we will have to register her One first with a new e-mail address.

I realise that this will lock the maps to her device, but that won't be a problem.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IT SHOULD be as simple as installing Home (if it isn't already) and installing the map from the DVD (probably using "Add maps" / Items on my Computer" - although I've never had a map on DVD myself so cannot say for definite that's how Home will handle it).

You shouldn't even need to register it with a new email address in this case as nothing is being downloaded.
Having said that, it would probably be wise to get it registered with a new account anyway.

EDIT: Other recent topics have suggested thet you need to downgrade to Home v1.6 to load maps from DVD as Home v2 isn't used to these old maps.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: