Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - ADVICE !!!!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

ADVICE !!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maciohappy
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:16 am    Post subject: ADVICE !!!! Reply with quote

While asking quite a few questions about tomtom I would like to ask this forum members to think twice before writing any posts.

As I have noticed you like to answer questions which havent been asked.
for example : "I want to export favourites" - asnwer "You can do that by changing them into POIs , which is much better" : no, its not any better, i want them as favourites so dont bother answering if you dont know how to do that

example 2 : is there a way to force tomtom to play warning sound when i am doing 31/30 instead of 34/30 ?
answer : use speed cameras which are much better than what you are asking for

ANSWER has NOTHING in common with question, but thanks to that people ask same questions many times and still do not get answers.

i dont mind people giving advice, but it has change to situation like this one :

Q :"Could you tell me the best way to go from bristol to london ?"
A : Why go to London, go to Cornwall, its so much nicer over there.

so : before answering think twice, before posting read if it has anything in common with the question asked
maciohappy
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS.
You can have IQ and ALG on tomtom one xl v1
all you need is navcore 8.412 and map which supports that for which is 825.2157
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:34 am    Post subject: Re: ADVICE !!!! Reply with quote

maciohappy wrote:
While asking quite a few questions about tomtom I would like to ask this forum members to think twice before writing any posts.

As I have noticed you like to answer questions which havent been asked.
for example : "I want to export favourites" - asnwer "You can do that by changing them into POIs , which is much better" : no, its not any better, i want them as favourites so dont bother answering if you dont know how to do that

example 2 : is there a way to force tomtom to play warning sound when i am doing 31/30 instead of 34/30 ?
answer : use speed cameras which are much better than what you are asking for

ANSWER has NOTHING in common with question, but thanks to that people ask same questions many times and still do not get answers.

i dont mind people giving advice, but it has change to situation like this one :

Q :"Could you tell me the best way to go from bristol to london ?"
A : Why go to London, go to Cornwall, its so much nicer over there.

so : before answering think twice, before posting read if it has anything in common with the question asked

Well we have had this conversation with you before HERE

If you don't like the way that other people try to help on the forums here then I think you will have to find a different web site forum to help that is more in tune with your way of thinking.

People have given you an answer to the questions you have asked that gives an alternative when the answer would have been NO.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd have to agree, if you want advice including better ways to achieve things then accept the replies you get with the good grace and appreciation they deserve.

If you don't then perhaps it's best not to ask. If you're not happy with these forums then perhaps we're not for you.
maciohappy
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
I'd have to agree, if you want advice including better ways to achieve things then accept the replies you get with the good grace and appreciation they deserve.

Following your advice : thanks for answers, any. ;)
maciohappy
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something for you to think about :
check : "import favourites" - you will find at least 10 seperate topics just for tomtom, none of them has answer that it can or can't be done (it cant in navcore 8,3.00 and newer
i do find some answers on this forum, but whatever you say or think, you should know it is very messy

if your only answer is find youself a better place , thats sad
no hard feelings, meet the boyz
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How to win friends and influence people.... Confused

maciohappy wrote:
none of them has answer that it can or can't be done (it cant in navcore 8,3.00 and newer

Yes it can, under certain circumstances. But it's not a simple answer, and you obviously don't want to hear anything more complicated than "yes" or "no".. so "no".
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maciohappy wrote:

Pray tell where did the map come from as you won't have got it using TomTom Home which can only really mean one thing.....

I would add the Loquendo files to it and get it running Text To Speech if I were you Twisted Evil - Mike
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
maciohappy wrote:

Pray tell where did the map come from as you won't have got it using TomTom Home which can only really mean one thing.....

I would add the Loquendo files to it and get it running Text To Speech if I were you Twisted Evil - Mike

Just out of curiosity, why did you say 8.25 isn't available for the ONE xl model. TomTom says that's what the latest is:
check here

What am I missing?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to look at the full number its the 2157 part that gives it away, Home would download a different build of the v825 map that contains the same road data but not the IQ or ALG stuff for the device in question - Mike
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah.....sorry. I'm getting so confused with all the different versions, I may have selected the ONE IQ model by mistake in the link. Anyway, thanks for the clarification.

Puts your suggestion to him in perspective .... Razz
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ maciohappy
maciohappy wrote:

I find your comments highlighted above and others elsewhere offensive and rude. If people take time out to reply to your questions, it would be nice if you would thank them, even if the answer is not exactly following your question or does not give you the answer that you want. All of the people on this site try to help each other out with problems, usually successfully and politely, and your question, in both threads, has attracted the attention of at least 5 of our more experienced members to help you. To criticise the fact that someone has not given you the answer that you want, and tell them to RTFQ before answering is crass.

Your question from your original post.
maciohappy wrote:
The trouble starts when I am doing 30/30 and it doesn't start to warn until I reach 34/30
is there a way to solve that. I do not to use setting when it would always inform about set speed (30 for ex) as it makes no sense while going on a motorway

If you care to read it again, especially the last sentence, I think that you might possibly agree that the question was not exactly succinct in the first place.

maciohappy wrote:
i do find some answers on this forum, but whatever you say or think, you should know it is very messy

if your only answer is find youself a better place , thats sad
no hard feelings, meet the boyz

Not as messy as some, perhaps the boyz that you are possibly referring to, who's threads seem to have dozens of pages of quotes and re-quotes in order to try to keep a topic together in the same thread when the topic should have its own thread.
RANT OVER
No further comment
maciohappy
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Yes it can, under certain circumstances. But it's not a simple answer, and you obviously don't want to hear anything more complicated than "yes" or "no".. so "no"."

I am sure, changing that to POIs if i have map ver 6.x

"I find your comments highlighted above and others elsewhere offensive and rude."
Laughing Out Loud
richard345
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

May I please make a polite enquiry here?

maciohappy, is English your first language? If it is, then your comments appear to be rude and ungrateful. If it is not, then perhaps you are having difficulty in expressing exactly what you mean and thus giving the helpful people here a problem understanding your initial question.

Could you please enlighten everyone?

If you can also give a detailed account of the device, software version and map version, additional help may be forthcoming.

Please accept my assurance that I am in now way trying to belittle you or your grasp of English.
AliOnHols
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, macio(UN)happy is on a wind-up. He has the concise answer he wanted "NO".

Any other advice he gets is unwanted and un-welcomed. let him fester!
SatMap Active 10 & 20.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: