Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - ViaMichelin x960 New Edition problem
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

ViaMichelin x960 New Edition problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
torms
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:13 pm    Post subject: ViaMichelin x960 New Edition problem Reply with quote

Hi everyone, i've searched this interesting forum but can't find a solution for my problem.

I have a ViaMichelin x960 New Edition. I was having some problems with it. I therefore ran the "repair PND" option in the Content Manager, which reinitializes the device and removes all my personal settings. I also wanted to run the repair SD option, but i decided to run it later. (I needed to go to work with my laptop, and repairing the SD card takes a long time). So i disconnected the GPS safely.

Later i reconnect the GPS to my computer but the GPS shows a message "SD card not found". Since i intend to repair my SD card this is not be a problem. However the GPS doesn't want to connect to the pc anymore. Sometimes i hear the "connected" sound from the GPS but then the "SD card not found" error shows up. This error probably prevents me from connecting to the computer.

I'm quite desperate. All i have to do is get the GPS connected to my pc, because then i can reset and rebuild everything on the GPS.

Thanks in advance
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick thought which is sometimes the case and sometimes isn't.

In Activesync, under "File, Connection Settings...", is the 'Allow USB Connections' box still ticked? If it isn't then that might be the problem. Otherwise, not sure offhand, but will rack my fading memory of the VM. I do remember being quite nervous about their tendency to lose PC contact if anything untoward happened. A couple of times I had to do a complete re-install of the unit, but don't think I'd recommend this while your card is suspect.

Amnother possibility - you may be able to restore the card by connecting direct with a card reader instead of connecting via the 760. If that works then it may get the unit going ok again.
torms
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick response!

Yesterday evening I've been reconnecting, soft reseting, hard reseting, rebooting for over 2 hours and suddenly (for no apparent reason) i got a connection. I started a "repair SD" during the night and everything was back to normal this morning.

I don't know what solved the problem. I did try changing the USB-ports as well. I got it working on a usb port which automatically installed the driver when I connected the GPS (Meaning i never used that USB-port before to connect the GPS)

Is there any way to reset/remove the driver for the different ports? Because I still have difficulties connecting the GPS. Btw at one point during trying, my GPS gave an error "Port not available".

Anyway most importantly my GPS is functioning normally again.
PompeyblokeinOxford
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:43 pm    Post subject: ViaMichelin problems Reply with quote

Hi,

What operating system are you using? My PC is Windows XP and everything works fine, however I have problems if I connect to my Vista OS which is on my laptop. In fact the only way I can connect to the laptop is by re-installing the viaMichelin software- it works once then when I go back after turning off the laptop or disconnecting the PND it all stops and I then do a complete re-instal. viaMichelin deny there is a problem.
torms
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was using Vista. I've installed the ViaMichelin software on an XP machine now, and on that system i don't seem to have any problems connecting my GPS. I think the problem lies with the activesync software, not the viamichelin software.
SpikeyMikey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, just a thought:

If you do a search of this forum using "Viamichelin" and "Vista" it returns 15 threads which may be of help.

From what I've gathered (I only use XP) Vista doesn't need ActiveSynch installed and relies on its own inbuilt programme "Mobile Device something or other"

There are also mentions of completely uninstalling anything to do with Viamichelin before reinstalling

You may know / have already tried this, if so sorry for wasting your time.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: