Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Active 10 SD Card of North Holland.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Active 10 SD Card of North Holland.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AllanR
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:47 pm    Post subject: Active 10 SD Card of North Holland. Reply with quote

I have planned a six day cycle tour of Holland in June using MapMyRide as the means of plotting my routes. I have solved all the problems of transferring (importing) data to the unit, now all I need is the SD card of North Holland. From what I can find out, this is only available to members of the ANWB (the Dutch equivalent of the AA and O/S). They have it on their website for sale at E99, which I am happy to pay as I intend to tour in Holland in the future. I have tried to join online and over the phone but have been unable to complete the transactions. I don't know how to get any further and am seeking advice from anyone who can help.

Allan
Georgie_Clo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:47 pm    Post subject: re North Holland cards Reply with quote

Allan,

If you go to SatMap's DUTCH site (hit the Dutch flag on SatMap.com), you'll find the two cards for the Netherlands listed. Don't see why you can't buy direct off the site....(I've NOT tried, so can't vouch for that).
If you need help with the Dutch language, use http://www.systran.co.uk/

Otherwise, I guess it's a phonecall directly to SatMap in the UK.

Good luck
George
AllanR
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:32 am    Post subject: North Holland SD Cards. Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply George. I have phoned Satmap about the link on their site. It takes you through to the ANWB site, which is where I found the card for sale, but Satmap don't yet have a licence from them to sell the card in England; which is where the problem arises. As far as I know the ANWB is the only supplier of the card and you need to be member to be able to buy it, unless you walk into an ANWB shop in Holland and buy it direct, which I am trying to avoid, but may end up doing. I have looked at German sites, who sell the German, Austrian ans Swiss versions of the cards, but they don't have any Dutch ones. Dutch and Belgian eBay don't have any Dutch ones for sale, but there are lots of English ones there. This part of planning the tour is proving much more complicated than booking accommodation and ferries and I just thought there would be an easier way to get hold of the card before leaving England.

Allan
DannyRF
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 99 euro is the ANWB member price. For non members its 129,- euro.
And u have to be a member to online order.
Hope u have a nice hollyday overhere. Don't forget to bring good weather. Thumbs Up

GPS bike (fiets) routes: http://www.satmap.com/dutch/routes.php

Greetings from Holland
Danny

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: