Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - GERRY C'S SPEED CAMERA ICONS
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

GERRY C'S SPEED CAMERA ICONS
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mags97
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:30 am    Post subject: GERRY C'S SPEED CAMERA ICONS Reply with quote

Hi
Is it possible to download and use Gerry C's speed camera icons on a Garmin 200w, if so what size icons (ie 24x24 etc) and is it easy to download? seems excellent idea.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 24x24 icons will probably work. If so can you report back so we can update the Compatibility Table?

Just download, unzip the files and then overwrite the old icons with the new ones. Upload with POILoader.
mags97
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:51 am    Post subject: gerrys icons Reply with quote

Paul
Yes I will post if the download works. It might be a while as I have to master the camera download first.
One supplement question sorry to be a pain. Yesterday I had to drop people off to Heathrow Airport, when I seemed to get past Wisley (clockwise) on the M25 it seemed that every 300 or so yards I had the warning of Gatso camera and a numberof the camera but no speed limit ie70 60 etc. Being a idiot do Gatso warnings not show the speed limit. I am sorry to be a pain-new to this as you know!!!!
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem.

They do normally, however it sounds like you were in a Variable Speed Limit area where the speed limit isn't fixed. You have to watch the overhead gantries to see what speed limit your lane is. Hence these cameras give no speed limit on the Nuvi.

If you look on the Submisions page you'll one of the cameras there is called GATSO:14293@variable.

This also features on the M42.
BAVC10
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mags97

Those Gatsos are variable as PaulB2005 states. If you use Ash's excellent camera manager you will find that they trigger at any speed from 0mph upwards to70mph (and over) on M25 (between J10 Wisley and J13) and a few odd ones up to Junction 16.
mags97
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:51 pm    Post subject: changing from consolidated to zoned etc? Reply with quote

Probably a stupid question again but having just joined and downloaded the consolidated speed camera warnings, thought I will try the zoned system as I dont really care what camera type but the speed limit! (hope this makes sense)
Is it ok to do this? I take it you start afresh and delete the old downloaded consolidated type via POI loader first. Then download a different version ie zoned or single. Then try it and change back again if I prefer consolidated? or is there a limit to amount of times you can change? suppose just playing around until I get the version I like.
Thanks
eyeQue
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once you are a full paid up member you can try all the options there is no restriction.

The zoned is handy because you can see the camera type and speed on the screen as well as the visual and audible alert.
mags97
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:16 pm    Post subject: Changing speed camera from consolidated to speed zoned Reply with quote

Thanks for reply. Do you have to delete the existing consolidated type via poi loader. To allow speed zoned instead?
eyeQue
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, to be sure that the database is clear.
Use the POI loader or 'unloader' Very Happy
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Changing speed camera from consolidated to speed zoned Reply with quote

mags97 wrote:
Thanks for reply. Do you have to delete the existing consolidated type via poi loader. To allow speed zoned instead?

No. So long as you point PoiLoader to the same place as you last did.
e.g. card or device.
PoiLoader over-writes the last file.

Note that if you also want to load other poi's they need to be loaded at the same time beacuse of this. So if you load other poi's they will need to be loaded if and when you up-date the camera files each time.
mags97
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:31 pm    Post subject: THANKS FOR TIP! Reply with quote

BAVC10 wrote:
Mags97

Those Gatsos are variable as PaulB2005 states. If you use Ash's excellent camera manager you will find that they trigger at any speed from 0mph upwards to70mph (and over) on M25 (between J10 Wisley and J13) and a few odd ones up to Junction 16.

Thanks downloaded to give ashs' programme a try, did a dummy run on sat nav to heathrow, to see if it worked. It showed the variable cameras but NO speed, will the speed only show if you are actually driving on the motorway? Sorry to be a dumbo. Also do you need to juggle the speed time warnings or are these a good average for notification?
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It showed the variable cameras but NO speed, will the speed only show if you are actually driving on the motorway? Sorry to be a dumbo.

The Variable Camera can be set to ANY speed limit at ANY time (hence the name - "Variable") , so there is no speed associated with those cameras. The Speed Limit and hence the trigger speed for the cameras will be shown on the over head gantries on the motorway. If no speed is shown then assume the speed limit is 70 mph. If it shows 50 mph assume the trigger speed is a few MPH over 50 MPH. The Nuvi has no way of knowing what the sped limit is at any given time for these cameras and so will alert you to all cameras regardless of a) your actual speed and b) the speed limit.

With a fixed camera normally the speed limit does not change so the speed limit can be included in the download data but with the Variable Cameras this can't be done, hence no speed based alerts.

Quote:
Also do you need to juggle the speed time warnings or are these a good average for notification?

Personally i used 20 seconds Proximity and 10 seconds Overspeed for the Fixed Cameras and 30 seconds Proximity and 20 seconds Overspeed for the Mobiles.
mags97
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulB2005 wrote:
The 24x24 icons will probably work. If so can you report back so we can update the Compatibility Table?

Just download, unzip the files and then overwrite the old icons with the new ones. Upload with POILoader.

Paul
Just to let you know the 24x24 icons work perfectly with the garmin 200w.
Had a little prob with ash camera manager seems like i am getting about 6 warnings to each camera! also should there be a sound on the red light warning?
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Had a little prob with ash camera manager seems like i am getting about 6 warnings to each camera!

What settings did you use? Are these the lower Proximity Alert or the higher Overspeed Alert? The Overspeed alert may sound many times if you continue to approach the camera over the limit.

Quote:
also should there be a sound on the red light warning?

Yes. What settings did you use for RedLight?
mags97
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulB2005 wrote:
Quote:
Had a little prob with ash camera manager seems like i am getting about 6 warnings to each camera!

What settings did you use? Are these the lower Proximity Alert or the higher Overspeed Alert? The Overspeed alert may sound many times if you continue to approach the camera over the limit.

Quote:
also should there be a sound on the red light warning?

Yes. What settings did you use for RedLight?

Hi Paul
I used 20 and 10 on the fixed camera and red light.
30 and 20 on the mobiles.
The numerous noise warnings were sounding when driving well below speed limit. Wondering if I had inadvertantly somehow downloaded 2 lots. I have since deleted all via POI loader and started again. The original download stated I had downloaded some 5000+ POI's. After deleting and starting again this reduced to 2000+ Poi's Do you just need to download Ash camera manager without downloading the GPS database first? hope this makes sense

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: