Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Speed cameras - Navigon 2150 Max
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Speed cameras - Navigon 2150 Max

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dougproctor
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 11:25 am    Post subject: Speed cameras - Navigon 2150 Max Reply with quote

Can the speed cameras and POI's from this site be used on this unit please? If so, which ones are used?
Good price for this in Halfords - may replace my Garmin 760T!
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The answer is .... it depends! Some later Navigon's cannot use our database. Those that can will need you to buy and install POI-Warner. Have a look at their website, www.navigating.de to see if that model is supported.
MikeS48
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first Satnav was the Medion clone of the Mio 168. The s/w was Navigon based and it needed POI Warner 4 to show/warn of cameras.

I then bought a Navigon 5110, and I had to buy POI Warner 5 to use the cams.

I then had my eye on the Navigon 2150 Max but I held back because there was no POI Warner to go with it, and although it came with its own camera warning system, I felt that nothing could beat Pocket GPS World's. Besides, I'm a lifetime member and don't have to pay any more, which is great.

Eventually POI Warner 7 came out in late December 2008, so I bought the 2150 Max, and then POI W7 to go with it.

So I've spent about 80 euros on the 3 versions of POI Warner so far!

It's only through these forums though, thanks guys, that I've realised that with POI W7 the cameras don't appear on the map, due to some programming difference from earlier versions. You do get a fancy 3-D graphic warning, and chimes, (plus I've added voice warnings, too), but without seeing that icon on the map , you never feel quite sure that you're fully covered, as it were.

Had I known that POI W7 would be deficient in this way, I probably wouldn't have bought the 2150 Max. But having said that, I'm otherwise very happy with it. We have Tomtoms and Garmins in the office for anyone to use, and I've tried them both. FWIW I find the maps on both to be like something out of primary school, and the Garmin routing to be quite peculiar - but that's only my opinion.

So the cameras will work, but you have to buy POI Warner 7 first, and trust it not to miss a camera.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: