Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - tomtom go 740 live
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

tomtom go 740 live
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarkBooth
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Received my TT GO 740 today! The new Active Dock is exactly what I've been hoping for! The GO 740 snaps in and out with ease and stays nice and secure when in place!

Interestingly, the LIVE features worked right out of the box. I didn't have to activate anything or sign up for any special account (other than connecting it to my personal account for TomTom via the Home software). It will be interesting to see how the LIVE services are handled (requested payment) once the free 3-month trial is over.

Anyway, so far, I am very pleased. Took a nice drive with the GO 740 in place in the Miata and all worked well. I didn't hit any significant traffic so I wasn't able to test that feature but the fuel price lookup seems to work pretty darn well! I'm sure I'll get plenty of chance to test the traffic when we take our 5,000 mile road trip soon! Smile

Mark
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JockTamsonsBairn wrote:
Mike, do you have any idea what coverage is like in Southern Ireland?

I think the last time I checked there were only two transmitters in the whole of Ireland and both were in the top half of the country so coverage wouldn't be too good - is there much in way of traffic problems over there though? - Mike
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
JockTamsonsBairn wrote:
Mike, do you have any idea what coverage is like in Southern Ireland?

I think the last time I checked there were only two transmitters in the whole of Ireland and both were in the top half of the country so coverage wouldn't be too good - is there much in way of traffic problems over there though? - Mike
Hi Mike,
The traffic in Dublin is pretty terrible and the traffic on the M50 (ring road - lots of longstanding roadworks, they seem to have been there since it opened - seems like decades) seems to be randomly (to a stranger) at a complete standstill, at other times the traffic runs freely.
I spoke to some locals about it last week and they didn't have a handle on when it was likely to be jammed up or free flowing. Their office is in the south of the city and they regularly collect/drop business contacts from/to the airport to the north.
Would a 940 bought there have local HQ traffic?

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)
TotalBeginner
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 1:25 pm    Post subject: Quick Query Re TomTom GO 740 Live Reply with quote

Hi,

I recently bought the GO 740 Live and have only just found out you have a to pay a subscription free to continue receiving the live services.

If I chose not subscribe after the 3 month free trial has expired, how would I update the speed camera and map info at a later date?

I don't intend to use sat nav frequently but do want to kept aware of any speed cameras or changes to the maps?

Any help or tips would be great.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minor updates to your map (called "MapShare") are free. You can get those by connecting the Go to TomTom's "Home" program on your PC.

Getting complete new maps is always something you pay for. TomTom let you buy a single map (again you download through "Home") or it is better value to buy a four-map subscription which covers a year's worth of releases. That usually costs about the same as a single one!

Speed cameras can be bought as a subscription on their own form TomTom, but most people here would suggest you subscribe to the alternative (and better) data from this site.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: