Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom Western Europe maps on SD card - 9CDZ.057.00
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom Western Europe maps on SD card - 9CDZ.057.00

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Maps, Routes and Waypoints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
planner001
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:08 am    Post subject: TomTom Western Europe maps on SD card - 9CDZ.057.00 Reply with quote

I have a TomTom Go 710 and recently got a notification from TomTom of a new issue of Western Europe maps at a "special discounted price," which still comes in at almost £70.00. Needless to say I had a trawl around the web for a better price, and found TomTom Western Europe maps on SD card - TomTom product # 9CDZ.057.00, compatible with a 710 at various prices around the £20.00 mark. Thing is, none of the sites give any details about what version number these maps are and strangely all the sites seem to have the same quantity in stock. I've been around long enough to know that you don't get owt for nowt in this world, but I'm curious all the same. Can anyone enlighten me on the difference between them please - apart from 50 quid of course?
GerryC
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maps were sold on SD card before the "download via Home" system started. The latest ones are available on SD via TomTom but for more than the downloaded ones.

On one site I found searching for the part number there's a list of units it's compatible with where the latest is a Go710. Therefore, I'd expect these to be old maps. I think it's significant that no-one gives the map version number. Sad
Brodit ProClip mount
planner001
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:46 pm    Post subject: TomTom Western Europe maps on SD card - 9CDZ.057.00 Reply with quote

Thanks Gerry.

Yes, they were my thoughts too. Pity such sellers as Dell and Amazon don't seem bothered about spelling out exactly what they're selling. Twisted Evil

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Maps, Routes and Waypoints All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: