Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New to Satmap
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New to Satmap

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tom7
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:57 pm    Post subject: New to Satmap Reply with quote

I have just bought a SATMAP active 10. I fact it is the first GPS I have bought so I am only a beginner.
If someone could help me What I would like to know is when I plug my Satmap into my PC and click on the icon in my computer it save I need to format it first.
I also want to down load the latest software from the Satmap web site but I don't know how to load it onto my Satmap.
Can anybody tell me how to do it please.
jonesbach
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You must use the Satsync software to communicate with the Satmap. You will find it at the bottom of this page - http://www.satmap.com/software.php but for Windows systems only. Alongside the software icon is one for documentation, read this first.

Before downloading software updates for the Satmap check what version is currently installed. If it is 1.3 then you do not need to update, also if the version is pre 1.16 then contact Satmap. I know this is highly unlikely but there may be some old machines still being sold. You will find the version number at "Settings" - "About". You will find the file to download on the URL given previously and again for Windows only. Instructions for downloading software are on that page together with a warning that Satsync must be closed down first.
Tom7
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:26 am    Post subject: Updated Satmap Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. I have managed to do it. The version was 1.2
I am really pleased with it but for one thing, it seems to take ages to lock onto a Satellite
Bosun
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does seem to take longer to get a lock than,for instance,a Garmin 60CS.It tends to hold it well though once achieved.

If you are trying to get a lock under optimum conditions and it is still taking a long time then a call to Satmap may be in order.

One or two of our number have returned their units to have the antenna "retuned" and have reported better rersults afterwards.

Ian
philpugh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had 'problems' with lock time initially (after upgrading to 1.3 from the delivered 1.2). The first few 'warm' restarts seemed to take nearly as long as the initial lock. However this seems to have changed recently - warm restarts are taking less than 60 secs - which is quite acceptable. I don't think I have done anything to alter it's behaviour - but with so many user configurable options - who knows!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: