Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tripmaster is now working with NavCore 8
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tripmaster is now working with NavCore 8
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
runarg
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:01 am    Post subject: Tripmaster is now working with NavCore 8 Reply with quote

Tripmaster is now working with NavCore 8. I have tested myself with GO930 and V8.302. See this link:

http://www.webazar.org/tomtom/tripmaster2beta.php?lang=uk
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for the heads up, this has saved a few hours messing around working out which Navcore release would work with the logging application on quite a few devices Wink - Mike
Mally1957
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be good to have this programme back up and running.

Am trying to install on a 940 via home 2.5.2.60 and is returning an error this item does not work on your device therefore it cannot be installed Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

A now retired Tomtom 940 v9.541.3145439.1 OS:1493118, GPS v1.20 Boot 5.5120, West Europe Map v1025.9386
runarg
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recommend NOT to use Home. TT doesn't like 3rd party applications. Direct install is much easier, as I show in the flash video that I have posted here earlier.
Mally1957
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I recommend NOT to use Home. TT doesn't like 3rd party applications. Direct install is much easier, as I show in the flash video that I have posted here earlier.

Many thanks for the help runarg.
I did a search of the boards and found the link to your excellent video here

I shall install over the weekend and report back here on progress.

A now retired Tomtom 940 v9.541.3145439.1 OS:1493118, GPS v1.20 Boot 5.5120, West Europe Map v1025.9386
Sean16v
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you convert this to mph rather than Km/h
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sean16v wrote:
Can you convert this to mph rather than Km/h

You can do it yourself in the configuration file.

Quote:
How to setup Tripmaster ?
------
You need to connect it to your computer and edit, with Wordpad, the file config.txt located in the /tripmaster directory. Take care to save the file, after changes, in text format.
------

Display parameters

These are the following parameters

language francais.lng
units metric
colorscheme day
compass both
coordinates decimal

------

units parameter defines which units system will be used :

* metric units system : kilometers for distance, meters for altitude and kilometers per hour for speed,
* english units system : miles for distance, feets for altitude and miles per hour for speed,
* nautic units system : nautic miles for distance, meters for altitude and knots for speed.

There are *lots* more options! Smile See HERE
Sean16v
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply Andy_P I did try all of that last night with no joy hence posting for help but tried it again this morning and all is well Very Happy
Mally1957
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I shall install over the weekend and report back here on progress.

With thanks again to runarg tripmaster does install on a 940 with one small adaptation to the video.

When I first tried to install it all went well until you come to tap the tripmaster icon to get the first garbaged screen, you cannot then tap in the top right hand corner to exit so that the config.txt file is created (it will not exit).

What I had to do was do a reset by holding down the off switch for 15 seconds but repeat this twice to get the tomtom back to normal operation then using an old copy of the config.txt file I had previously saved from my tomtom one and directly copy this to the new tripmaster folder.

For reference this is a copy of the config.txt file that I used copy and paste the following into wordpad or similar and save the file as config.txt and then put it into the tripmaster folder.

[Log files parameters]
trackperiod 60
trackdistance 2
trackcourse 45
trackformat csv
tracksaving new
logfilename none
autologging yes
records long
[Other parameters]
language english.lng
units english
colorscheme auto
gmtoffset 0
geoidfix no 48
maxspeeddisplay no
maxspeedvalue 86
compass both
coordinates decimal
snapping no
inclinometer 5
speedlimit 0
speedalarm visual
speedinterval 0 50 90 110 130
alarmfilename /mnt/sdcard/tripmaster/speed_alarm.ogg
processperiod 500
bootstart no
displayaltitude yes 30
alarmperiod no 10
accelerometer 2.22222
screenadaptation rider2
[Colors parameters]
topforegroundcolors 0,0,0 255,255,255 204,204,204
bottomforegroundcolors 255,255,255 255,255,255 204,204,204
topbackgroundcolors 255,255,255 0,0,0
bottombackgroundcolors 0,0,128 0,0,128
linescolors 204,204,204 204,204,204
labelcolors 255,0,0 255,255,0
daybackground
nightbackground
[End]

I would therefore suspect the best way to install would be to extract the version 1.8 files to the tomtom, then add the above config.txt file and finally add the tripmaster version 2 files as shown in the video.

runarg
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mally1957 wrote:
I would therefore suspect the best way to install would be to extract the version 1.8 files to the tomtom, then add the above config.txt file and finally add the tripmaster version 2 files as shown in the video.

It's an easier method now. V2.0a is up on the web site, and it's a full install and does NOT require V1.8 to be installed first Very Happy
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having installed the newer v2,0a release to my 940 the application fails to start, I then put the config.txt file as defined above by Mally1957 but the application refuses to start - any thoughts? - I might try the exact method Mally1957 used later tonight - Mike
Mally1957
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It's an easier method now. V2.0a is up on the web site, and it's a full install and does NOT require V1.8 to be installed first

It does not seem to on a 940 running version 8.310 as an experiment I did try this.

Quote:

As an update to this method you will still have to press the reset button twice (for some reason) during the install process.

The above config.txt file is just the version I use, of course it can be updated to other settings by refering to the tripmaster website.

Just one further point am I correct in assuming the only way you can update the config file is via windows explorer and it can no longer be altered via the tripmaster program as it previously could be under version 1.8 Question

stuart
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:36 pm    Post subject: Tripmaster 2.0 Reply with quote

I had to add the 'Skin' folder onto my TTG500, but now have it shown half size and vertical. What should I change he screen adaptation to.
Just managed to download the 'latest' v2 zip file which contains the 'skin' folder. Still had to use the above config.txt but I still have a half vertical display which does work, albeit restricted view. So I still need to turn the screen round by 90 degs clockwise. Any ideas please.
rjabse
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Installed and working on my 720 OK, with 1 minor niggle which is probably due to my ignorance Confused .
How do I set the background images ?
There are 3 places in the config file which map to folders (the 'alarmfilename', the 'daybackground' and 'nightbackground') - all 3 of mine were similar to the 'alarmfilename' line in Mally1957's example above ie they start with "/mnt/sdcard/tripmaster".....etc. The software however just runs with the plain backrounds and I assumed this was due to the mention of sd card etc in the file path (I am using the internal memory). I altered each path so that it just starts "/tripmaster"...etc but this makes no difference. What should be written after "daybackground" in the text file so that it uses the background in the tripmaster/images folder ?
runarg
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those of you having problems installing V2.0:

There is a new version 2.0 on the website now. It should fix most problems with install. What you do is:

Download the zip-file
Unzip it to the root of your device
Start TripMaster
Exit TripMaster.

Now the config-file has been created and everything should work fine. Very Happy

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: