Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - POI and Copilot 7
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

POI and Copilot 7

View previous topic :: View next topic  
beepilot
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:43 am    Post subject: POI and Copilot 7 Reply with quote

I have been using a TT1 for some time but have recently acquired Copilot Live 7 to run on an iPAQ 214. I have used imported POIs on the TT1 extensively for "navigating to" purposes and have always found the importing and setting up process on the TT1 to be very easy. I cannot say the same for Copilot and I'm looking for some clear help on how to import and use them in Copilot. To be more specific.

1. I can download the individual files in .csv format together with the related .bmp file. Is this the required format for Copilot and if so what folder under Copilot on the iPAQ should they be copied to.

2. When transferred to Copilot how should they appear i.e. do they appear under Custom POIs or can they be allocated to an existing or new Category. I have succesfully loaded Safety Cameras and they appear under Custom POIs as a list of simple numbers. Lumping everything else in with them would make it difficult to select individual points for navigating purposes. It would be better if they could be in ther own Categories.

3. In loading the Safety Cameras I seem to have duplicate numbers i.e. two of each number. Is this correct or have I loaded them twice in error. If so how do I edit them and POI in general if this is possible.

Having found POIs relatively easy on the TomTom I really would appreciate some help on the Copilot.

Thanks
beepilot
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't anyone no anything about imported POIs on Copilot or as I suspect are they a weak point of the software.
johnbarnes
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:35 am    Post subject: Custom POIs Reply with quote

To get your custom POIs and CoPilot-supplied safety cameras loaded:

1. Sync to the PC, make sure CoPilot is not running and delete all the AO*.* files in Storage Card/CoPilot/EU/Save

2. Copy the safetycam.ezp file and the .ov2 or .csv files for the POIs you want into Storage Card/CoPilot/EU/Save (I generally use .ov2 files).

3. Start CoPilot and be patient while it incorporates the POIs and then erases the files you copied as above.

Each type of Custom POI will appear in the list you get when you pick to Custom POI category and click on theType button.

John
beepilot
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John
Thanks for your help. I had previously tried copying the files into SD/CoPilot/EU/Save but without deleting the ao*.* files first so I did that but unfortunately still don't see the new POIs in CoPilot. Incidentally the transferred files seem to be deleted when they are integrated into CoPilot.
When I select Menu-Destination-Points of Interest-Pick Category-Custom the Type selwction is greyed out. If I continue with Next-Blank POI Search-Next-Near Current Location or In a City it is "Generating POI Results for ages and then says none found. I have tried both .csv and .ov2 formats with the same results. The integration process always ends up with Update succesfull. The safetycam.ezp from ALK on their own do work and I see the safety cameras in CoPilot but with PocketGPS POI nothing seems to appear.
If you have any further ideas they would be welcome otherwise thanks for your efforts.
Roger
johnbarnes
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have gone through the POI loading precedure again on my PPC and it works. The custom POIs can be selected and used OK (though they are not displayed on the map). I have version 7.7.0.134 of CoPilot.

Perhaps you should contact ALK support and get them to investigate?

John
jonnyrob
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:21 pm    Post subject: undate Reply with quote

beepilot wrote:
John
Thanks for your help. I had previously tried copying the files into SD/CoPilot/EU/Save but without deleting the ao*.* files first so I did that but unfortunately still don't see the new POIs in CoPilot. Incidentally the transferred files seem to be deleted when they are integrated into CoPilot.
When I select Menu-Destination-Points of Interest-Pick Category-Custom the Type selwction is greyed out. If I continue with Next-Blank POI Search-Next-Near Current Location or In a City it is "Generating POI Results for ages and then says none found. I have tried both .csv and .ov2 formats with the same results. The integration process always ends up with Update succesfull. The safetycam.ezp from ALK on their own do work and I see the safety cameras in CoPilot but with PocketGPS POI nothing seems to appear.
If you have any further ideas they would be welcome otherwise thanks for your efforts.
Roger

beepilot did you get any further with this? i have the same problem??

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: