Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - What's the best way to update maps?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

What's the best way to update maps?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PDA/Smartphone Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Qantaqa
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:49 am    Post subject: What's the best way to update maps? Reply with quote

Greetings folks,

I'm new to this, I can update my speed camera info, but I can't find out how to update the maps on my Route66 PocketPC.

I found a website that seems to be fairly priced, but when it asks what satnav I have it is not listed.

I don't know whether it uses Navigator 6 or 7. How can I find out?

Haylp!

I might be missing something really obvious, so, please help if you can.

The website is the tomtom one, someone told me that the satnav I have is basically one of them.

Many thanks for your help in advance!

NM
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum, start the Route 66 application and go through the menu until you locate the Help or About icon, pressing this will bring up information about the software version, I would think its most probably version 7.

To update to the newer maps requires the newer Route 66 version 8 software, this is supplied with new maps BUT please bear in mind there is no support for third party POI's with the newer version 8. This means no Speed Camera database from this site, Route 66 do supply their own camera database but this is an option you have to pay for, in addition the Traffic data is also now a subscription based service.

What device have you got the Route 66 running on is it an RAC device, Trumpion or something else? it might be the newer version 8 software won't work with your hardware as its a PDA or phone based application - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PDA/Smartphone Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: