Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 8.302 Voice gone issue
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

8.302 Voice gone issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peasemore
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:21 pm    Post subject: 8.302 Voice gone issue Reply with quote

One thing I've discovered on this is that if I select my Western Europe map as on my TT HDD, computer voice is OK.

However, if I select map on my SD card, ie Western & Central Europe, computer voice is silent.
Any suggestions as to how to restore functionality on both appreciated Question

Last edited by peasemore on Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:46 am; edited 1 time in total
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happens when you select the Change Preferences/ Voice preferences/ Change voice, is the Kate or Simon TTS voice listed, and if you select Kate then press "Test" does the device emit any spoken information?

Firstly I would try a reset of the device, if this fails "Restore Factory Defaults"

Or another thing to try is copy the entire LoquendoTTS folder from the device to the memory card then see if it works - Mike
peasemore
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:38 pm    Post subject: Voice 8 3 0 2 Reply with quote

Thanks Mike; both computer voices are dead.

Incidentally how do you force unit to select SD card map rather than HDD?? ie when doesn't offer you option at start?

Offers me choice sometimes at start up, but then defaults to that choice of setting made.

I have got TT to agree to take back for repair*, so am unsure whether to bother now, unless I end up with newer 720T!!.
*Though they say they won't handle s/ware faults, although it's theirs Twisted Evil

**Update**
Computer Voices mute on both HDD & SD again; grrrr
Tried factory default/reset so far.

Swopping SD card for another which has Western & Central Europe on,
of the 2 computer voices, find it's Kate that doesn't work. Simon does, though repeats himself when pressing TEST
Looking at SD content in both Loquendo & Voice I only see Simon listed, not Kate. Odd.

What's difference in function of these 2 folders??
Mongoose123
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had exactly the same problem with my 520, voices worked with the internal memory but not with the SD card. I found the solution was to connect up to Tomtom home with the SD card in the device and select the "Memory Card" when requested to "Please select the device you want to use now" then go to the "Add Maps, Traffic, Voices etc" then go to "Voices". When I got there, it was showing the voices were on "My Computer" but not showing as "Device" even though I had been using them before updating my 520. After reinstalling them they all seem to work fine from the memory card again.
Hope this helps for you.
peasemore
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:21 am    Post subject: voice Reply with quote

TT's s/ware is causing all this grief; must be badly written code.

Like you when on SD card my TT Home showed Kate (Computer Voice) needed installing whereas my TT screen was previously showing as available for selection, even though there was no functionality. Evil or Very Mad
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take a look at the card and the built in memory using Windows Explorer, it is possible you have a voice file in both places, it is also possible Home has updated the TTS voice files, my 930 got a new voice file only yesterday.

You cannot force the device to use the card or the built in flash memory, it does this itself.
When the device boots up it will first look at the SD Card, if it finds the TomTom Navcore software it will load from the card, no Navcore and it will load from the built in flash memory.

In use files such as maps, mp3 etc can be located on both the SD Card and the built in flash memory, the device will find them and use them as long as they are in the correctly named folders.

TBH I would remove the memory card and get the unit working correctly without the card fitted, once this is working have a close look at the memory card to work out what is on it and whether it is needed - Mike
Anita
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:34 am    Post subject: Re: Voice 8 3 0 2 Reply with quote

peasemore wrote:
Incidentally how do you force unit to select SD card map rather than HDD?? ie when doesn't offer you option at start?

Can you not select the map you want to use via Change preferences / Manage maps / Switch Map?
Samsung Galaxy S21
peasemore
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:13 pm    Post subject: Map switch Reply with quote

Tks Anita; indeed you can as I reminded myself when out in woods with dog!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: