Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - BT-308 and iPaq 4150
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

BT-308 and iPaq 4150

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Loimere
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 8:23 pm    Post subject: BT-308 and iPaq 4150 Reply with quote

Hi all,

I had a Handspring Prism with a Magellan for years, but finally made the move to an ipaq, but I an new to it and with very little documentation I am hoping I can find help here.

I have a Globalsat BT-308 newly purchased and a brand new iPaq 4150 with built in bluetooth.

The Blue light on GPS comes on as soon as I get power, whether I'm hooked up with my iPqag 4150 or not. It sounds like we have the exact setup, so I would be interested in staying in touch. Once the blue light does come on, then I went to my Ipaq and went to the manager and went NEW on the bottom left, my device didn't show up right away, but after I went through the little wizard to connect it to the GPS, it worked fine.

After my Ipaq found the GPS, I made sure they were paired so I can always get back to it easier. I also had to enter in the passcode of 2003.

Now that I have the two talking, or at least recognizing each other, I notice the blue light on the GPS flashes much quicker. I can get a lock on satellites, with the steady flashing yellow light, now my problem starts, software...

I put the simple GPS software that came on the little CD into my Ipaq for testing purposes. I then had to guess which COM port to use, and I went with COM8, the scan ports was flakey. Now that I did that, I went to the setup screen to see if the satellites were coming in. Owning another GPS before I could at least see the signals coming in, this had nothing. In addition to that, my whole system bogs right down. The Ipaq almost becomes unresponsive to the point I have to reboot it. Everytime I have tried, this has happened. Now the manual is almost non existent, but it is supposed to be a good GPS. I don't think the GPS is bad or anything, but it seems this test software that comes with the BT-308 just bogs my whole system right down, any help?
Thanks in advance...

Derek F. Hatfield
Loimere
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

Well I put in another app while I decide which software I want to stick with, I have read some of your messages here, from Destinator, Tom-Tom and others. But for now, I removed that test software that came with the globalsat and put in the Leadtek stuff and it worked fine, just had to figure out which ports mine was using, and it uses 8 for out, 6 for in. After that, I finally have my satellites, now to decide which software to buy and start using it...

Derek
HS_Hammer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey,

I'm currently getting the exact same scenario with my BT-308 and my IPAQ 1940 (see other thread in this forum).

You're saying that even though the GPS Info software that comes with it doesn't seem to work (no info - makes the PDA crawl as if something was eating all the CPU) - that you installed some other software and it worked?

What exactly did you install, and where could I find it - I'd like to see if I get the same result...

Thx!
HS_Hammer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Guess I should a bit more before asking Q's...!)

Found that Leadtek - WinFast Navigator software in the download section - guessing that's what you're referring to. I'll try that after work today...
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leadtek Winfast Navigator, is available in our downloads section, Dave has written a guide here which explains its use and the dangers if you are not careful! There is also a direct link to the download in the guide.
Loimere
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 4:16 pm    Post subject: Leadtek Reply with quote

Yes, I installed the Leadtek software, worked no problem, glad to see I didn't buy a dud. I have since purchased MS Streets and Deluo Routis, except I am eagerly awaiting the map updates for Canada from Routis as they only have a highway going by my city at the moment.

Hope the Leadtek works for you.

Derek
HS_Hammer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, it ain't working any better. Don't get anything in Leadtek Winfast Navigator either.

In terms of the BlueTooth Manager, when in te...

Never mine, it works now (in Winfast Navigator anyway)...
HS_Hammer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm - connected once - managed to see the position and satellites in WInfast navigator. Since then, I can't get it back again...!

Starting to wonder if the IPAQ 1940 isn't up to the task - anyone else ever used one?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: