Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - I am not getting camera alerts?? why?....
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

I am not getting camera alerts?? why?....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
olly06
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:02 pm    Post subject: I am not getting camera alerts?? why?.... Reply with quote

Hi all,recently replaced my garmin i3 with the tomtom one europe traffic v4,which supposed to have camera alerts,but im not seeing any icons on screen or any warning beeps when approaching any cameras.

I connected the new tomtom to tomtom home and updated the version,but before i did i tried to backup,but said my device is not compatiable to do this....so am i missing something in setup to get them on screen with warnings also. Tomtom home was offering the europe camera alerts for 16 quid,but surely the uk ones should be somewhere on the tomtom.

Many thanks,olly.
olly06
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the safety camera menu on my tomtom,so they must be on there,but not showing even when i activate the camera menu.....
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you look on the menu does it say "Enable Camera Alerts" or "Disable Camera Alerts". It should say "Disable Camera Alerts" once Enabled.

What roads are you testing the database on? It's possible that the camera aren't on the TT database but as the TT database isn't transparent (i.e. there is no way to check it without passing a location) it's difficult to know if the camera is in the database or not.
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you using the TomTom camera alerts, or the PGPSW ones? I use the PGPSW ones, so I'm not absolutely certain, but I seem to remember that the TomTom ones don't show on the map, but only pop up when you pass a camera? Have you tried using the test route?

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulB2005 wrote:
i.e. there is no way to check it without passing a location) it's difficult to know if the camera is in the database or not.
Do they not even pop up on a demo route? If not, sorry, ignore my suggestion above!

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes they do, that's what i meant by passing a location. Didn't make that clear though... Unlike the PGPSW ones where you can see them on the map view.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:47 am    Post subject: Re: I am not getting camera alerts?? why?.... Reply with quote

olly06 wrote:

I connected the new tomtom to tomtom home and updated the version,but before i did i tried to backup,but said my device is not compatiable to do this....

I can't believe no-one has picked up on this yet!

PLEASE, PLEASE, do a backup using Windows Explorer straight away, before you do ANYTHING else.
Full instructions are at position #1 in the 'FAQs' topic at the top of this forum's index. (or click HERE)

Don't trust TT 'Home' to do this job.
olly06
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will check all things out that have been mentioned,as for backup i tried with tomtom home but its not available to my device,but i will read the link you posted,cheers all.Will report back once sorted.

I am using tomtom cameras should be pre-installed as i only purchased 2 days ago.
olly06
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All sorted,thanks for your help and advice,found them on demo route,and also when i used it today,thanks again.Olly.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: