Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - GO 730T HOME account issues
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

GO 730T HOME account issues
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:41 pm    Post subject: GO 730T HOME account issues Reply with quote

I seem to have got myself into deep **** Sad

I bought my TT730 in January; I set up HOME and registered the device with all my details. Earlier this month I got another TT and registered it as a 2nd device under a different email account name.

I have been intending to subscribe to the Qtly map updates but when I tried, I was only offered a full map purchase and no option for the subscription. I contacted TT support by email and they told me to connect my device, link to a web page link where I would be able to order the sub. Did that but it told me that the device I was linking was not registered - it only recognised the new device.

Rang TT support (0845 number - is that a premium no? - the techie did not know Rolling Eyes ), anyway she said that I should re-register the 730 under a different email address and start anew. I have tried this, but get the same offer of a the map version that is already installed (v815.2003) (at £79) but not the subscription.

Apart from Frustration, I don't have the time for this hassle, so does anyone have a suggestion.

Graham
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you on the latest version of Home? (2.5.2.60)

The main page in home doesn't list the subscription service, it should appear as a new pop-up window when you got to "Add Maps, Traffic, Voices etc." followed by "Maps".
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks to me as though you cannot subscribe to the quarterly updates UNTIL you have to buy a new (later) map than whatever you have on the device already. Some weird TT logic I suppose. You already have the latest map installed, v815, therefore (and I'm guessing) you won't be offered the map upgrade service until the next new map comes out - say v820. You'll then connect and it'll offer you an upgrade to the latest map for say £10, plus the quarterly map upgrade service at say £7 a month, total cost for new map and next year's four maps, £38.

I'm imagining that the map upgrade service has a formula for working it out, which relies on you needing to upgrade to the "latest map". At the moment, already having the latest map, you don't "need" to upgrade, so you don't get offered the service. This is speculation by me on the basis of TomTom logic. You can't upgrade because you're already there! Looks like there's a little more emphasis on the "upgrade" than on the "service". Confused

Andy my version of Home (2.5.2.60) has a banner on the first page inviting you to click to get the update service, which takes you to the pop up window where it checks your map and identifies it as x quarters old and offers the update service deal. I'm assuming that if your map isn't any quarters old, it can't work that out, so doesn't offer it!

Edit to add... I have a 920 with map 815 and I am NOT offered the map update service. That just might be because I've already bought it, but I doubt it, because I reach that stage BEFORE I have gone anywhere near logging in. My 720 is still on map 810 and I'm offered the update service.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!

Last edited by DennisN on Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
Are you on the latest version of Home? (2.5.2.60)

The main page in home doesn't list the subscription service, it should appear as a new pop-up window when you got to "Add Maps, Traffic, Voices etc." followed by "Maps".

Yes, Andy - I have the latest. When pop-up window appears.......Maps, i get offered Maps from around the world including the W & E Europe Map v815.2003 which I think is the latest - all at a price ££££.
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could well be right, Dennis except that the techie in good old Amsterdam, told me that the reason I was not getting the offer, was that according to her records, ONLy my new TT is registered and not the TT730. However, I know it is (both on the same HOME page and I choose which one I want to be recognised).
Furthermore, since 7 Jan when I first registered, I have been offered the subscription each time I have logged on and updated mapshare etc.
It's only since the new device had been recognised about 2/3 weeks ago that this problem has arisen.

EDit noted.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You say you have two devices in Home, but do you have two accounts on the TT website? Try logging into TT.com with both your email addresses and see where you get.

mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A point to remember though - the e-mail address you use for the device is more like a username which MUST be in the e-mail format, it doesn't need to be a true active e-mail acount.

For example tt940@blueyonder.co.uk will work as would GeePee730@virgin.co.uk make sure your two devices are using unique usernames in the e-mail address format and you should be fine, but also note the e-mail I sent you.

Note to other moderators, please don't worry about the e-mail addresses above as they are not active accounts, if they attract spam it won't get through as the accounts don't exist, the tt940@blueyonder.co.uk can be used for anyone with a device wanting to mess around with "Buddies" as its an active device name that I am using - Mike
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dennis - yes I have tried logging in to the two email addresses I use. Doesn't help, I'm afraid. But, good thought.

Mike, thanks for the advice.....I'll, take/investigate that.

Meanwhile, take the thread/query as sorted. Cool

Graham
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
For example tt940@blueyonder.co.uk will work
Well, that's just put the mockers on me buying a 940, can't register the damn thing even if I'm persuaded to get one! Sad

mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But you could also use the same user name as it would be associated with a different device ID and password Wink - Mike
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
It looks to me as though you cannot subscribe to the quarterly updates UNTIL you have to buy a new (later) map than whatever you have on the device already. Some weird TT logic I suppose. You already have the latest map installed, v815, therefore (and I'm guessing) you won't be offered the map upgrade service until the next new map comes out - say v820.

It's not that, I'm afraid.

I've got v815 maps and I DO get offered the map subscription.

Gee-Pee wrote:
Yes, Andy - I have the latest. When pop-up window appears.......Maps, i get offered Maps from around the world including the W & E Europe Map v815.2003 which I think is the latest - all at a price ££££.

So do I... I get the same maps offered again in the normal home window. But the "pop-up" is a real new window. Like this:

When I had older maps, the pop-up looked like this:

Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, Andy, I don't get that offer.
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:08 am    Post subject: Re: GO 730T HOME account hijacked Reply with quote

Gee-Pee wrote:
Rang TT support (0845 number - is that a premium no?

No, it's a local rate number, and if you are with BT on a 'free calls' contract, 0845 numbers are now free as well. Very Happy
zaffy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone is not on BT and has to pay for 0845 etc. but gets free UK numbers, go to this website and type in the 08 number, it should reveal the STD 01,02 number, so you wont have to pay.

http://www.saynoto0870.com/search.php
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zaffy wrote:
If anyone is not on BT and has to pay for 0845 etc. but gets free UK numbers, go to this website and type in the 08 number, it should reveal the STD 01,02 number, so you wont have to pay.

http://www.saynoto0870.com/search.php

That's a good link. Unfortunately, TT is in the Netherlands so the alternative is +31 etc. I think this time it is cheaper to use the 0845 number. Wink

Graham

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: