Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - x20 and x30 TTS voice stutter and map lag petition
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

x20 and x30 TTS voice stutter and map lag petition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thetrotter
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy,

I assume you have installed navcore 8.204 (if not you should - your troubles will be over) and this is a quest for better TT 'official' operating software?
PGPSWorld Speed Camera Database (naturally)
gatorguy6996
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With over 83,000 views in just three threads concerning this problem at this site alone, I think it affects more than just a few owners. Consider the the vast majority of users never visit a site like this. If you aren't suffering any firmware problems, consider yourself very fortunate.
Rowan29a
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AndyVaughan wrote:
Keep them coming!

Happy to oblige Andy - problems with the latest Navcore "update"

TomTom - Application 8.301 [Incident: 090217-002902]
Tony2Chins
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

090207-002634

Same canned response from TT:
"There is not an estimated time of when the new application will be released. We are working diligently to resolve this issue in a timely manner. We apologize for the inconvenience and frustration this may cause." Rolling Eyes

I saw this link to this thread in GPSReview.net forum and I HAD to participate just to feel like I was doing SOMETHING to get this resolved. Lord knows TT is not. Mad
harryshan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:22 pm    Post subject: x20 and x30 TTS voice stutter and map lag petition Reply with quote

here are my cases..

TomTom 730.

1 090218-000170
4 090112-009658
3 090206-007843
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thetrotter wrote:
Andy,

I assume you have installed navcore 8.204 (if not you should - your troubles will be over) and this is a quest for better TT 'official' operating software?

Yep, been running 8.203 and 8.204 on and off since 8.300 first came out in November.

I know it fixes the issues, but certain things don't work such as GPRS traffic.

Anyway, I shouldn't have to revert to firmware for other devices just because TT can't release a Navcore that works!

Andy
geekmaster
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

090212-000015
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trevor1234 wrote:
By the way, I still haven’t been able to get Kate to stutter. I am as puzzled as to why she will not stutter as you are puzzled as to why she does stutter. It must be hardware. I must be using less recourses than the suffering users. It cant just be software because we all downloaded the same updates. Another thing that makes me think its not software is the fact that I’m sure Tomtom would have found a patch by now.

If it was hardware why would changing the voice from a TTS6 to a TTS7 more or less cure the stuttering? or running Navcore 8.204 I haven't had one stutter at all and it is the only thing that has changed on the device?

It most definitely is software, but I agree it is odd that some people don't suffer at all. Have you enabled all of the TTS voice options for reading out street names etc?

Andy
gatorguy6996
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thetrotter wrote:
Andy,

The big issue is that there are likely thousands of affected users who don't know about this site, just assume it's "normal", or have no idea where to turn. They have no way to solve the issues except for an official TomTom fix. Many of us can take of ourselves. What about them?
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gatorguy6996 wrote:
thetrotter wrote:
Andy,

The big issue is that there are likely thousands of affected users who don't know about this site, just assume it's "normal", or have no idea where to turn. They have no way to solve the issues except for an official TomTom fix. Many of us can take of ourselves. What about them?

Thumbs Up
ArtoP
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello All! This is my first post in here.

I have a GO730 and after 8.300 upgrade map scrolling is poor like almost all of you have. Today I made a test and I change the Power Options. There is a setting where you can select that display is dimmed between instructions. I changed it to “do not dim” and made a short test drive. After that change the map scrolling was pretty smooth in my device.

I don't use computer voices.

Arto
bluw28
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am luckier than many of you as Kate only stutters occasionally on my 920T. My main complaint is that Tom Tom removed the FM transmission of navigation instructions, which was the main reason I bought the device. I have 2 cases:

081115-003085 - they told me the issue would be fixed shortly and
090212-009146 - they told me the issue will not be fixed and that I can't be rolled back to a previous version because I paid them for the map update!
wrrober
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:52 am    Post subject: Electro shock therapy Reply with quote

I got a new 930T. First thing I did is update maps during 30 day window. That also required updating to 8.3 Navcore. I now get the stutter and slow refresh, once in a while (about 2 times per week). Once my wife was using the thing in a busy area when it happened, and got very confused.

When this happens, I do a 'paper clip reset' (kind of like electro-shock therapy) and that tends to bring the device back to normal for several days.

In fact, I now carry a special paper clip in my car, just for the purpose of resetting my new high-end GPS...!

I just thought I would share this "tip" with the community, while waiting for a proper fix from TT.
bullyterrier
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Electro shock therapy Reply with quote

wrrober wrote:
I got a new 930T. First thing I did is update maps during 30 day window. That also required updating to 8.3 Navcore. I now get the stutter and slow refresh, once in a while (about 2 times per week). Once my wife was using the thing in a busy area when it happened, and got very confused.

When this happens, I do a 'paper clip reset' (kind of like electro-shock therapy) and that tends to bring the device back to normal for several days.

In fact, I now carry a special paper clip in my car, just for the purpose of resetting my new high-end GPS...!

I just thought I would share this "tip" with the community, while waiting for a proper fix from TT.

And you are happy with that? It's like buying a car and having to stop to let the engine cool down because it overheats, then it will run again for a couple of days. I'm sure if you had bought a new car and this was the scenario you would have been back to the garage, not just waiting for the car makers to sort out a fix.
bullyterrier
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe the amount of people that are prepared to put up with such shoddy equipment.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 6 of 11

Jump to: