Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - x20 and x30 TTS voice stutter and map lag petition
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

x20 and x30 TTS voice stutter and map lag petition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets keep this on one level please, the goal is a working TomTom sat Nav, having a pop at other forum members isn't really going to achieve anything - Mike
dinger19
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

090212-001295

I purchased this as i thought you cant go wrong with a Tomtom........Well you can as this is the biggest pile of poo i have ever bought not as half as good as the wifes Snooper Indago.

Now they've sent me an email asking me to fill out a questionire on how good there service was. Mad
mrfreeze
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
Lets keep this on one level please, the goal is a working TomTom sat Nav, having a pop at other forum members isn't really going to achieve anything - Mike

Mike, whilst i agree with your sentiments, if you are going to censor my comments, then i fail to understand why his comments remain.

Of what help did he contribute to this thread with his line about unions etc?
Kate v710 UK & ROI v850.2781
piergino
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:01 pm    Post subject: TT compensation for my GO misfuntionalities Reply with quote

TT has just offered to me a free update of speed cameras for 1 month with the concept of compensation...

far too low..... but I want to be optimist and I think TT is starting to yield and admit their responsibility
piergino
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AndyVaughan wrote:
I make that 28 so far plus one that has been emailed to me from an anonymous user.

Going well for 2 and a half days - keep logging those calls and posting your ticket numbers.

Andy

Andy, in order to boost the collection of tickets I think we should find the way to make this forum more visible to Spanish and Italian users..

They (we) are very lazy to look for english keywords in Google while in Italian and Spanish Web GPS literature there is very small notice about the stuttering and map lag problem.

I do not know if you and Mikehave the formula to make this thread visible in a search with one of the following keyword:

-Balbuzia, balbetta, balbettare, tartaglia, tartagliare (stands for stutter(ing) in italian)
-Tartamudo, tartamudear, tartamudea, voz entrecortada (The same in spanish).
-Retraso, retardo, ritardo (stands for lag/delay).

Maybe I am telling a nonsense, I am very ignorant about these issues. Just a thought.

Alessandro
grimmers
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:29 pm    Post subject: TomTom 720 problems Reply with quote

I too have had it with TomTom, have e-mailed BBC Watchdog with the details.
Hope they name and shame TomTom who, to me, are selling a device that is not doing 'what it says on the tin'!
Malouff
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:32 pm    Post subject: Re: TT compensation for my GO misfuntionalities Reply with quote

piergino wrote:
TT has just offered to me a free update of speed cameras for 1 month with the concept of compensation...
Nice to see at least some form of compensation.
Although voice and speed cameras are unrelated.

They should have offered every x20/x30 user running 8.15 maps some Plus/Premium voices as a compensation or a discount towards any other plus service.

If you ask me they should offer a credit for a Plus/Premium for every month that we don't have a fix.

So the "Watchdog" that this thread is planning on reporting to is on the BBC.
Sorry, I am from America and thought at first is was a company called Watchdog.

Why doesn't everyone who submitted a support case number also not forwarded it to the BBC Watchdog so they receive more user feedback and are more likely to air a broadcast about this.
This way they get more complaints and will feel that it deserves to be on the news.

I was also wondering if you are accepting American case numbers or is this just for British?
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A support case is a support case as far as I am concerned, regardless of country of useage/origin.

Perhaps anyone who frequents similar forums in other countries can link to this thread to spread the word ...........

Yes, Watchdog is the BBC - sorry!

I don't think there is any need for everyone to contact Watchdog individually, but it may help!

I would just like to make clear to anyone reading this thread (cough cough TomTom) that this is not an endorsed action by PGPSW, it is purely a gathering of disgruntled end users trying to make TT sit up and take notice.

I am sure that if TT offered every single one of us a consistent coherent reply and a realistic timescale for a fix, as well as suitable compensation (hint extension to the map upgrade service) then we would all be satisfied and feel that our collective efforts were productive.

Can we keep the thread on topic without personal attacks/accusations - I don't like being accused of being a trade unionist, I am just a disgruntled punter. I strive in my work life to provide customer satisfaction with products significantly more complex and expensive than a TT, and it annoys me when other companies just get away with consistently poor customer service to the extent of arrogance.

Keep logging those calls - I am sure that by now someone has noticed this thread and results may be seen in the coming weeks!!!

Andy
mrfreeze
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AndyVaughan wrote:

Can we keep the thread on topic without personal attacks/accusations - I don't like being accused of being a trade unionist, I am just a disgruntled punter. I strive in my work life to provide customer satisfaction with products significantly more complex and expensive than a TT, and it annoys me when other companies just get away with consistently poor customer service to the extent of arrogance.

Andy

POWER TO THE PEOPLE......right on brother Laughing
Go get'em Andy.

Its funny that i get censored for speaking my mind regarding the slur on you, but the Pr*t who made the copmment was been just as personal in his attack on you. The point i was trying to make is if he doesn't agree with this action, why post on here...............
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you and wasn't having a dig, I just don't want this thread to drift off topic - some people may not agree with my approach but if it gets a result that many of us have been waiting for then all the better.

Still weird how some people suffer from the stutter and others don't though.

Still have some way to go to beat your thread length - 3 months and still going strong!

Are you an active member of any other forums where you could publicise this?

Andy
mrfreeze
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No i know you wasn't having a dig at me. I was just annoyed at the comment the guy made.

Yes i'm on a US based forum as well, not as much as here.
I'm not too sure if they would appreciate linking to another forum but i could try.
GPS_fan
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrfreeze wrote:
I'm not too sure if they would appreciate linking to another forum but i could try.

No - keep this strictly PGPSW please.

Users have already been asked to keep this thread on topic, so if you want it to serve its purpose please do so.
danart
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

081120-007315
081119-008120
081117-007146
cartman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:55 am    Post subject: 8.301 defect Reply with quote

090218-002396
Trevor1234
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi mrfreeze
Wow! I have a feeling that this Topic will beat the British And All comers Record for the marathon. It will be a shame when (if) Tomtom resolve the issue, things just wont be the same again.
What will you do with yourself?

By the way, I still haven’t been able to get Kate to stutter. I am as puzzled as to why she will not stutter as you are puzzled as to why she does stutter. It must be hardware. I must be using less recourses than the suffering users. It cant just be software because we all downloaded the same updates. Another thing that makes me think its not software is the fact that I’m sure Tomtom would have found a patch by now.
GPS World Traffic cameras
Home 2.7
iPhone 3G

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 5 of 11

Jump to: