Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Confused by MapShare
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Confused by MapShare

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:47 pm    Post subject: Confused by MapShare Reply with quote

First change I'm making and i can't work it out....

Main Menu 2 of 3
Map Corrections
Correct a Map Error
Change Turn Restrictions
On Map
Find
Latitude, Longitude
N51.3594,W0.1498 puts you right on the junction on Beddington Gardens and Manor Road just below Wallington Station.

Travelling along Beddington Gardens towards Manor Road is now a Left Turn only junction. However TT still wants me to go right if i plot a course to the right on Manor Road.

So i select the crossing and then choose the Approach Road (i.e. the arrow coming out of Beddington Gardens) which turns Blue.

I am then presented with a picture of the junction. A Blue arrow goes up and to the left with a red head pointing right. In the bottom right of the screen are two symbols - a blue turn left sign and a red and white No Right Turn Sign. I can see how it works and it appears the restriction is in place already. I click Done and it says No Changes Made.

But Prepare Route from N51.35936 W0.15014 to N51.35849 W0.14935 and it asks you to take the right turn you can't take......

What have i missed?
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't looked at it yet (being dragged out any second), but this could be a little foible of the reporting system.

When you start, it shows the map with North "up".
But when you have selected the approach road, on the screen where you choose the turn restrictions it flips it round, so your approach road is always "up" into the junction.
This has nearly caught me out on more than one occasion!
tkerby
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you try shortest route rather than the fastest (IQ) route please. I have a strange problem where the gps refuses completely to route along the West Approach Rd in Edinburgh when using fastest but is happy (and displays shorter times) if I route on shortest route.

If I drive the West Approach past the point it asks for a u-turn on fastest, the time to get home decreases by around 5 minutes and its quicker than the route it wants to plot me on when I leave work! This is really annoying as I have to drive past the error and hope there is no traffic just past it making other routes from work quicker. Kind of defeats the HD traffic Sad

Looking at the map, and looking at each segment of the road in map corrections, all appears ok and I think it might have something to do with IQ routes such as a segment being given a near infinite journey time
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's interesting you mention the 5 minute change in times...

You may want to read through this thread from a North American forum on that topic.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shortest route sends you the other way round the block even though it's 3 times as long!

Quote:
But when you have selected the approach road, on the screen where you choose the turn restrictions it flips it round, so your approach road is always "up" into the junction.

I did notice this straight away to be honest...

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: