Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - tomtom one XL and the latest maps guarantee..i need help
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

tomtom one XL and the latest maps guarantee..i need help
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sam1970
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:58 am    Post subject: tomtom one XL and the latest maps guarantee..i need help Reply with quote

just recieved my tomtom one XL today (the one with SD card slot and bluetooth) with uk maps...was very excited..downloaded tomtom home and connected the device..it updated the application automatically to version 8.010 but the maps still version 710.1571...tried the LMG and it said that i have the latest maps although checking tomtom map shop clearly states that the current version is 8.15 so what is wrong? also in one of the leaflets in the box there is a code which the leaflet indicates that i need to use to get the new maps but tomtom home is not asking me to put any codes!!! any help please
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There should be a new map/map update on or around the 11th of this month. You can only use the LMG once so I hope you are still ok.

Wait and see what happens after the new map becomes available. Or make sure you contact them before the 30 days are up.

If it still does not work then you need to contact TomTom and they will sort it, could take a few weeks though.
sam1970
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for that...so i should stop trying the LMG for now until that date.also i guess that i dont need to use the code in the leaflet. now another question please...i tried to use tomtom traffic by connecting to my mobile phone through bluetooth as i have unlimited data download in my phone price plan...followed the instructions and got connected in seconds but shortly i gt disconnected and got the message that my traffic trial has expired and i need to subscribe!!is that normal? i was under the impression that as peple are paying their phone company for the data download they dont need to pay tomtom..is that correct?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should still be able to use Weather and Buddies though without paying, if these services don't work there is something wrong - what phone are you using - Mike
sam1970
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks mike..my phone is samsung SGH-F700V on vodafone
sam1970
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i tried the weather and it is working fine.so what about the traffic?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In that case the device and the phone are working it is your account that is wrong, give TT CS a ring and ask them why your free traffic trial doesn't work, the number is 0845 161 0009 - Mike
sam1970
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i contacted tomtom in netherlands (cheaper at 0.5p/min) and they were very helpful. they emailed me an email about backing up the device then deleting the old maps before using LMG. i thought i will wait for another week as i read on this site somewhere that there are new maps coming out on 11/2/09 although tomtom guy refused to confirm that over the phone. Regarding tomtom traffic he said that all trials were suspended a year ago and he could not understand how i managed to connect for few minutes without paying for the service.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:32 pm    Post subject: Re: tomtom one XL and the latest maps guarantee..i need help Reply with quote

sam1970 wrote:
just recieved my tomtom one XL today (the one with SD card slot and bluetooth) with uk maps...

Which model's that then? I didn't think any of the current One/XL models had SD card slots (in the UK anyway).

Any more details? (Especially the number that looks something like "4EG0.001.00" on the bottom label).
sam1970
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: tomtom one XL and the latest maps guarantee..i need help Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
sam1970 wrote:
just recieved my tomtom one XL today (the one with SD card slot and bluetooth) with uk maps...

Which model's that then? I didn't think any of the current One/XL models had SD card slots (in the UK anyway).

Any more details? (Especially the number that looks something like "4EG0.001.00" on the bottom label).

I am confused by the many models f tomtom but mine definitly has SD card slot...the number at bottom reads 4S00.007
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have the One XL Regional model which is supplied with 512MB of built in RAM and can use an SD card, it cannot share the two memory locations though.
Which version of Home software is currently on your PC, if thats not been updated then it will be quite out of date? - Mike
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sam1970 wrote:
thanks for that...so i should stop trying the LMG for now until that date.also i guess that i dont need to use the code in the leaflet.

Is the code included in the leaflet for a new map. If it is then just use the LMG for now(in the next week or 2). Then wait presuming you can use the code for 12 months until the next new map which should be in November.

I may be wrong but I think new maps are released in November, and all others through the year are just updates. Others will tell me if I’m wrong.
sam1970
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks mike...iam running tomtom home V2.5. another question please...i am considering visiting australia later this year and i am thinking of buying australia maps on SD card from ebay...will it be a mater of inserting the card and the device will ask me which maps i what to use (uk or australia) or is it more complicated? do i need to be aware of anything else before i buy off ebay?
sam1970
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pocketgps wrote:
sam1970 wrote:
thanks for that...so i should stop trying the LMG for now until that date.also i guess that i dont need to use the code in the leaflet.

Is the code included in the leaflet for a new map. If it is then just use the LMG for now(in the next week or 2). Then wait presuming you can use the code for 12 months until the next new map which should be in November.

I may be wrong but I think new maps are released in November, and all others through the year are just updates. Others will tell me if I’m wrong.

acording to the leaflet i wil be prompted to use the code when i am using LMG and it is valid for 30 days but as LMG keeps telling me that my maps are up to date, eventhough they are not, it never asked me to put any codes in!!!
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you do purchase an SD card with just mapping on it there will need to be sufficiant spare space on the card for all the other files needed for the application to work.
I am not too sure if these Aussy maps are locked to the SD card, if they aren't locked to the actual card you could copy your existing files and UK map to a new larger card and then copy the Aussy map to it as well.

To avoid any chance of it not working with your device though I would stick to obtaining the map from TT, the map is currently £39:99 and will most probably be more up to date than something being flogged on E-Bay - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: