Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom XL 31 series problem with TomTom "HOME"
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom XL 31 series problem with TomTom "HOME"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NottinghamKnight
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:52 pm    Post subject: TomTom XL 31 series problem with TomTom "HOME" Reply with quote

I bought the new TomTom XL 31 (European maps) in December 2008, when connecting to TomTom Home I am asked to link my device to my TomTom account. When I press the "LINK" button I get the following message:

ERROR: 573/#https://home.tomtom.com/account/setDevice: Error from server: You have an invalid version of the TomTom application installed on your TomTom device. To use HOME you need to install the correct version of the TomTom application.

After many emails with TomTom support, I got the following responce:
"application version 8.014 is not yet fully supported by TomTom Home"
which means I can not download safety cameras or new maps/corrections!!!

Is this a known problem or am I being fobbed off by TomTom?
Please let me know if you have the new 30 series XL and whether it works with TomTom Home.

Thanks
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't speak for the new ONE specifically, but TomTom often seem to lag behind with writing the files required for the Home on-screen emulator. They release software, and only then do they seem to think, "Oh.. we'd better try to get it to work in Home".

There's another similar topic HERE

By all means ring their support number and moan about it, it's shoddy practice; but if you want to just be patient and keep trying it, one day Home will suddenly automatically download the required file, once it has been made available.
superplum
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I'm a brand new member.

There is a problem with the XL31 in that the Home software has not been updated for the new models - I have exactly the same problem. I found out about it on this forum about 4 weeks ago when I couldn't get the 30-day map guarantee to work. You need to register with TT and report the problem using their reporting system - not just emails/phone calls. They will give you a ref no and, eventually, will promise to honour the guarantee etc when Home is updated.

Regards to all and thanks for the mine of info.

H

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: