Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - FM Transmitted Voice Problem
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

FM Transmitted Voice Problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nickpike
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:28 am    Post subject: FM Transmitted Voice Problem Reply with quote

Hi,
I've just purchased a Garmin 765T and getting to know how it works.
In the car, I have it set so the voiced instructions sound over the car radio system.
Thing is, I get a voiced instruction, and then all goes quiet for about 10 seconds, then I get full static, as though there is no signal from the sat nav unit.
Happens every time. The voiced instruction is clear on a staic-clear background, but if the next instruction is more than 10 seconds away, it reverts back to full static.

This can't right as it's very annoying. How do I get the unit to supply a continuous signal and stop the static?

Also, I was running on battery only, not using the car's power.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried it while the device is also playing mp3 tracks? - even if you install a recording of total silence and play that, it should get rid of the noise when it turns off the FM Tx. Out of interest what software version is installed to your device?

I am not 100% sure but this is possibly in response to a recent change in the law (European Union) which has banned FM Transmitter devices from transmitting intermittently, a continuous sound is fine - hence my suggestion to play "silent music" TomTom recently removed the capability to use the FM Tx for the navigation instructions for the same reason.

The best option in terms of audio quality is to use A2DP Bluetooth to send the sound from the unit to the car, this does require a compatible car deck, but doesn't suffer from any of the interference issues that plague FM - Mike
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moved to a more suitable forum section, if you have a look around this Garmin Nuvi forum you will see a number of other threads mentioning this very same problem, one of them confirms the silent mp3 track does indeed cure the issue and provides a download link from where you can get a silent mp3 track from - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: