Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - iGO8 Ultra Skin 6.0.22
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

iGO8 Ultra Skin 6.0.22
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 33, 34, 35  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> NavNGo iGO
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
linknet
Frequent Visitor


Joined: May 05, 2005
Posts: 872

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:43 pm    Post subject: Re: WVGA resolution support Reply with quote

Dusha wrote:
Dear linknet,

Are there any chances to get a support for WVGA (480x800, 800x400) resolutions in Ultra skin in foreseeable future?

I can donate some $

Thanks!


I'd need enough $ to purchase a 800x480 device to develop and test it on. Laughing Laughing

Seriously though, I have considered changing to an 800x480 device so which device are you using and is it any good ?

linknet
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fr0d0
Occasional Visitor


Joined: Mar 22, 2008
Posts: 25

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In your website docs it says:

Quote:
Added tilt settings to the "3D Smart Zoom" settings screen (no additional "sys.txt" entry is needed for this to work correctly). The settings for Portrait and Landscape mode are now saved separately with optimised initial default settings for each mode.


I can't find the "3D Smart Zoom" settings screen Crying or Very sad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
linknet
Frequent Visitor


Joined: May 05, 2005
Posts: 872

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fr0d0 wrote:
In your website docs it says:

Quote:
Added tilt settings to the "3D Smart Zoom" settings screen (no additional "sys.txt" entry is needed for this to work correctly). The settings for Portrait and Landscape mode are now saved separately with optimised initial default settings for each mode.


I can't find the "3D Smart Zoom" settings screen Crying or Very sad

This seems to be a common problem, this is still in the original iGO8 location, I haven't moved it. Laughing

If you look on page 3 of this topic there is a question by "jkare" which I answered previously.

linknet
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fr0d0
Occasional Visitor


Joined: Mar 22, 2008
Posts: 25

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah sorry linknet - I've followed every post on this thread too! I guess you can't pick your users!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dusha
Occasional Visitor


Joined: Jan 30, 2009
Posts: 6

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:09 pm    Post subject: Re: WVGA resolution support Reply with quote

linknet wrote:
Seriously though, I have considered changing to an 800x480 device so which device are you using and is it any good ?


HTC Touch HD.
http://www.htc.com/www/product/touchhd/overview.html
8.3.2 works pefrect on it with native WVGA support.

P.S. The only native WVGA compatible skin for 8.3.x I have found is
Gurjon http://www.gurjon.com/


Last edited by Dusha on Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
linknet
Frequent Visitor


Joined: May 05, 2005
Posts: 872

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:20 pm    Post subject: Re: WVGA resolution support Reply with quote

Dusha wrote:
linknet wrote:
Seriously though, I have considered changing to an 800x480 device so which device are you using and is it any good ?


HTC Touch HD.
http://www.htc.com/www/product/touchhd/overview.html
8.3.2 works pefrect on it with native WVGA support.


Thanks for the link, it looks good but I'm looking for a larger screen than my iPAQ 214 which is 4.0 inches, so will have to keep looking. Smile

Regards

linknet
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LolitaDamore
Occasional Visitor


Joined: Jan 24, 2009
Posts: 24

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then you need something like that (5") http://www.zone-numerique.com/news_2520_L_etonnant_HTC_Advantage_nouvelle_version_X7510.htm
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
linknet
Frequent Visitor


Joined: May 05, 2005
Posts: 872

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Added Version 6.0.4 Smile

Added a night filter for the navigation screen to reduce brightness for devices that don't support automatic dimming at night. This is configurable via the Settings ► Map Screen ► Colour Profiles settings menu. Also via the navigation screen "Quick Menu" where a new button supports "Tap" to toggle the night filter On/Off and "Tap and Hold" to access the settings menu directly.

Note: This defaults to On so if your device supports automatic dimming at night you may need to turn it Off or reduce the Night Filter Value setting.

Fixed - Second Route Event Pop-Up background now uses correct bitmap in night mode.

Fixed - All menu sliders now display in correct positions for both QVGA and VGA modes.


linknet
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
linknet
Frequent Visitor


Joined: May 05, 2005
Posts: 872

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LolitaDamore wrote:
Then you need something like that (5") http://www.zone-numerique.com/news_2520_L_etonnant_HTC_Advantage_nouvelle_version_X7510.htm


Yes, but that's not 800x480. Sad

linknet
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dusha
Occasional Visitor


Joined: Jan 30, 2009
Posts: 6

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:38 pm    Post subject: Re: WVGA resolution support Reply with quote

linknet wrote:
I'm looking for a larger screen than my iPAQ 214 which is 4.0 inches, so will have to keep looking. Smile


This would be hard to find...
I like HD for pretty large screen, huge ram, and everything built-in (no need to have separate GPS, separate phone for GPSgate data transmission)
I don't think that there will be any smartphone/handheld released in a future with the screen larger then 4 inch you have on 214.
Then you have to look at UMPCs but most of them are running on Vista/XP.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
linknet
Frequent Visitor


Joined: May 05, 2005
Posts: 872

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:46 pm    Post subject: Re: WVGA resolution support Reply with quote

Dusha wrote:
linknet wrote:
I'm looking for a larger screen than my iPAQ 214 which is 4.0 inches, so will have to keep looking. Smile


This would be hard to find...
I like HD for pretty large screen, huge ram, and everything built-in (no need to have separate GPS, separate phone for GPSgate data transmission)
I don't think that there will be any smartphone/handheld released in a future with the screen larger then 4 inch you have on 214.
Then you have to look at UMPCs but most of them are running on Vista/XP.


I've considered an iPAQ 314 but I would have to patch it to run iGO8 instead of the HP version of iGO supplied with it. Also I've heard many reports that it is slow.

linknet
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Auke
Occasional Visitor


Joined: Jan 29, 2009
Posts: 9

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Works great. that night filter. Very Happy
It does not work in simpel mode.. But that is not so important

Linknet Thanks. Its a great skin again... The best one.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LolitaDamore
Occasional Visitor


Joined: Jan 24, 2009
Posts: 24

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Auke wrote:
...Linknet Thanks. Its a great skin again... The best one.


will be again the best, when radars voices warnings will be back Cheers!


Last edited by LolitaDamore on Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
linknet
Frequent Visitor


Joined: May 05, 2005
Posts: 872

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Auke wrote:
Works great. that night filter. Very Happy
It does not work in simple mode.. But that is not so important

That's by design, in simple mode you don't have access to the advanced menus to be able to adjust the settings, so I disabled it.

linknet
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
linknet
Frequent Visitor


Joined: May 05, 2005
Posts: 872

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LolitaDamore wrote:
Auke wrote:
...Linknet Thanks. Its a great skin again... The best one.
will be again the best, when radars warnings will be back Cheers!

Radar warnings work just fine, it's only voice warnings which have not been included. Wink

linknet
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message







Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> NavNGo iGO All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 6 of 35

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Make a Donation



CamerAlert Database

Click here for the PocketGPSWorld.com Speed Camera Database

Download Speed Camera Database
21.021 (01 Feb 23)



WORLDWIDE SPEED CAMERA SPOTTERS WANTED!

Click here to submit camera positions to the PocketGPSWorld.com Speed Camera Database


12mth Subscriber memberships awarded every week for verified new camera reports!

Submit Speed Camera Locations Now


CamerAlert Apps



iOS QR Code






Android QR Code







Terms & Privacy


GPS Shopping