Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - iGO8 Ultra Skin 6.0.22
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

iGO8 Ultra Skin 6.0.22
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 33, 34, 35  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
naviman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:22 pm    Post subject: german 'Dictionary.lang' Reply with quote

Hi linknet,
really big thanks für your Ultra Skin!!!
IMHO the only useful (and best looking(and without cars!))skin for iGO. Thumbs Up

I've got some corrections and one addition for the german 'Dictionary.lang' file
for the last nine lines:
Quote:
Second Route Event Show at:="Zeige Folge-Event ab:"
Second Route Event Show if Less than:="Zeige Folge-Event wenn weniger als:"
Show House Numbers at:="Zeige Hausnummern ab:"
Night Filter="Nachtfilter"
Night Filter Value="Nachtfilter Wert"
Home="Nach Hause"
Navigate Home="Navigiere nach Hause"
Scenic="Schön"
Cruise Mode="Freifahrt Modus"
linknet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:38 am    Post subject: Re: german 'Dictionary.lang' Reply with quote

naviman wrote:
Hi linknet,
really big thanks für your Ultra Skin!!!
IMHO the only useful (and best looking(and without cars!))skin for iGO. Thumbs Up

I've got some corrections and one addition for the german 'Dictionary.lang' file
for the last nine lines:
Quote:
Second Route Event Show at:="Zeige Folge-Event ab:"
Second Route Event Show if Less than:="Zeige Folge-Event wenn weniger als:"
Show House Numbers at:="Zeige Hausnummern ab:"
Night Filter="Nachtfilter"
Night Filter Value="Nachtfilter Wert"
Home="Nach Hause"
Navigate Home="Navigiere nach Hause"
Scenic="Schön"
Cruise Mode="Freifahrt Modus"

Thanks for that, those errors must have been there for quite a long time.

I've updated the language files on the download page with the new versions.

Regards

linknet
lez68
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Linknet,

I like your skin very much, it is an excelent work.

But I think I've found a bug. If I am in Automatic Overview (satellit mode) and go into Menu/Quick menu/TMC list/Computer/Itinerary/etc. after returning to Navigation mode the map is not any more in 2D overview mode, but in 3D.
Could you fix it maybe?
Regards
lez68
linknet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lez68 wrote:
Hi Linknet,

I like your skin very much, it is an excelent work.

But I think I've found a bug. If I am in Automatic Overview (satellit mode) and go into Menu/Quick menu/TMC list/Computer/Itinerary/etc. after returning to Navigation mode the map is not any more in 2D overview mode, but in 3D.
Could you fix it maybe?
Regards
lez68

The reason for this is that the quick menu, detour menu, position menu, route information screen, and trip data menu are all changes of state which, on exiting, change the state back to the navigation mode. The navigation mode then just starts, as it would from any other menu, in the 3D mode (or whatever mode was set as default) and restarts the overview timers.

So it's not actually a bug but part of the design. It occurs with all of the above menus not just the quick menu. It's exactly the same as opening the main menu and then returning to the navigation map.

Regards

linknet
csjjpm
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:21 pm    Post subject: cant get it to work Reply with quote

Hi,
I loved 6.0.21 and have just installed 6.0.22 but after a restart of igo8 it isnt working. I put 6.0.21 back on and the same thing happenned. I? am left with the default.
I tried another skin which activated okay but I just cannot get yours to work. Any suggestion to debug my problem?
Thanks
Paul
linknet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:14 pm    Post subject: Re: cant get it to work Reply with quote

csjjpm wrote:
Hi,
I loved 6.0.21 and have just installed 6.0.22 but after a restart of igo8 it isnt working. I put 6.0.21 back on and the same thing happenned. I? am left with the default.
I tried another skin which activated okay but I just cannot get yours to work. Any suggestion to debug my problem?
Thanks
Paul

Try deleting the contents of the save folder, after saving any routes or other things you might want to keep.

Presumably version 6.0.22 is showing in the skins menu ?

The only other thing could be an entry in sys.txt which is pointing elsewhere !

linknet
csjjpm
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:29 pm    Post subject: thank you Reply with quote

Linknet,
thank you. I removed the files from the save folder and I was able to apply the skin.
I like the layout.
Thanks
P.
lez68
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

linknet wrote:

The reason for this is that the quick menu, detour menu, position menu, route information screen, and trip data menu are all changes of state which, on exiting, change the state back to the navigation mode. The navigation mode then just starts, as it would from any other menu, in the 3D mode (or whatever mode was set as default) and restarts the overview timers.

So it's not actually a bug but part of the design. It occurs with all of the above menus not just the quick menu. It's exactly the same as opening the main menu and then returning to the navigation map.

Regards

linknet

Thanks for the answer and I understand the logic. Even so I think if the distance to next manoeuvre after returning remains longer than the set value, it should switch back to 2D overview mode in a few seconds (just like after a normal manoeuvre).
It is annoying if there is eg. 200 km to drive on a motorway and the display stays in 3D mode just because I checked a TMC event Sad
What is your opinion?
Regards
lez68
linknet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lez68 wrote:
linknet wrote:

Regards

linknet

Thanks for the answer and I understand the logic. Even so I think if the distance to next manoeuvre after returning remains longer than the set value, it should switch back to 2D overview mode in a few seconds (just like after a normal manoeuvre).
It is annoying if there is eg. 200 km to drive on a motorway and the display stays in 3D mode just because I checked a TMC event Sad
What is your opinion?
Regards
lez68

It should return to the overview mode within about a minute from any of those menus providing the conditions for overview are valid, ie. distance from next turn etc.

Regards

linknet
lez68
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

linknet wrote:
It should return to the overview mode within about a minute from any of those menus providing the conditions for overview are valid, ie. distance from next turn etc.

But it does not return, that's the problem!
I've tested again, was waiting for 5-6 min. and no return to overview Sad
linknet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lez68 wrote:
linknet wrote:

But it does not return, that's the problem!
I've tested again, was waiting for 5-6 min. and no return to overview Sad

Yes, I think you're right. I've looked through the code again and it looks as though it will only switch back into overview mode after it detects a non-overview followed by another valid overview situation.

I'm not sure that it can be changed but I'll have a look at it.

linknet
lez68
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

linknet wrote:

Yes, I think you're right. I've looked through the code again and it looks as though it will only switch back into overview mode after it detects a non-overview followed by another valid overview situation.

I'm not sure that it can be changed but I'll have a look at it.

linknet

Many thanks in advance Smile
plaktoets
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there any chance there will be WVGA support in a next version? I recently switched my Kaiser for a Touch HD and i really miss the ultra skin Sad
linknet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plaktoets wrote:
Is there any chance there will be WVGA support in a next version? I recently switched my Kaiser for a Touch HD and i really miss the ultra skin Sad

Unless I buy a WVGA device which doesn't look likely at the moment. Sad

linknet
JackDo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:11 am    Post subject: House Numbers Reply with quote

I have been using your skin for a long time and enjoy it very much.
Recently I noticed that house numbers are in wrong sides (left/right).
I remember it was OK in the past, but I did two changes:
Using 6.0.22 (and not 21)
Although it is not supported, the skin works fine with PDA July 3 iGO8.3.2.97313
(Portrait)
Maybe the bug was fixed by iGO?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> NavNGo iGO All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 29 of 35

Jump to: