Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - iGO8 Ultra Skin 6.0.22
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

iGO8 Ultra Skin 6.0.22
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 33, 34, 35  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nre
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree it would be nice to be able to turn off sounds for individual camera types (otherwise I agree with linknet that the voice warnings for cameras are actually a bit of a gimmick and not that useful...). My ideal setup would be to always get the initial proximity warning, but then turn off overspeed warning for mobile cameras. I ended up reducing the volume on the !alert.wav to make it slightly less annoying...

I personally think the time until next turn as per kikker skin can actually be a distraction and isn't that useful.

I do like the pointer style compass on the screen though - I admit to having hacked this into the ultra skin myself... I really find the linear compass no use at all on my 320x240 screen!
linknet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scope wrote:
.... could you give us the option to switch sound on/off for the different types (mobile/static, etc)

This isn't possible without installing the complete speed camera module. Sad

linknet
Auke
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Linknet i have two requests.

1: Can you make color filter work in Easy Mode. No use to get the slider and the on/off button in easy mode. Just let that in advanced mode. But use the settings also in easy mode. This is not for my self, but it would be ideal if i lend my navigation system to my father.

2:Can you add a panorama or scenic mode in the methods of selecting the route. It would be nice for the motorbike or on holiday. Gurjon have something like that in his skin..

Above two things would make Ultra Skin just a little more perfect.. Very Happy
Border_Collie
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
scenic mode
I've also noticed 'lorry' mode has disappeared from iGO8.

linknet, do you know if 'scenic 'route and lorry mode have been removed from the software or is it they are still there but not being used?
linknet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Auke wrote:
1: Can you make color filter work in Easy Mode. No use to get the slider and the on/off button in easy mode. Just let that in advanced mode. But use the settings also in easy mode. This is not for my self, but it would be ideal if i lend my navigation system to my father.

That's a good enough reason so I've included it in version 6.0.13. Smile

Auke wrote:

2:Can you add a panorama or scenic mode in the methods of selecting the route. It would be nice for the motorbike or on holiday. Gurjon have something like that in his skin..

I'm still investigating this, does it actually give scenic routes ? Do you have any examples of scenic routes it has created ?

linknet
linknet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lost_Property wrote:
Quote:
scenic mode
I've also noticed 'lorry' mode has disappeared from iGO8.

linknet, do you know if 'scenic 'route and lorry mode have been removed from the software or is it they are still there but not being used?

Lorry mode is still in the software, it doesn't appear to change the actual routing, it just alters the estimated journey times.

I believe that scenic mode is also still in the software but I'm not sure whether it actually does anything ? Can anyone can provide an example of a scenic route produced by it ?

linknet
linknet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Added Version 6.0.13 Smile

- Enabled the navigation map night filter option in simple mode.

linknet
Auke
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you:-)

I will check the scenic mode. I must say that i have not used it in real life. I have not had time for holiday... But it will come.
I have seen it made a different route with Gurjon skin
Auke
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have checked a few routes with Gurjon skin and scenic mode. In a few routes it made a huge different using the scenic mode, on other routes the scenic mode is the same as a different mode such as short or fast. I can't say what it is the scenic mode difference. It also matters if i set highway off. But i do think that scenic mode lets you see a little bit more of the country. If i save the route and within IGO8 i want to load the route. Al the routes says. 2 in-between points

If you want i can sent you three routes. But where can i sent it?

Also i think i have not used all the correct English words.. Sorry.. Embarassed Question
Border_Collie
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi linknet.

Quote:
Lorry mode is still in the software, it doesn't appear to change the actual routing, it just alters the estimated journey times.
It did appear to work for a number of journeys in my area where it would avoid narrow lanes and take a more direct, slightly longer, route. e.g Similar to the 'Easy' route rather than fastest.
linknet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Auke wrote:
I have checked a few routes with Gurjon skin and scenic mode. In a few routes it made a huge different using the scenic mode, on other routes the scenic mode is the same as a different mode such as short or fast. I can't say what it is the scenic mode difference. It also matters if i set highway off. But i do think that scenic mode lets you see a little bit more of the country.

I've also been checking it out, it seems to try and avoid motorways where possible. The routes it selects are not always scenic though, by avoiding motorways a lot of the routes could only be described as industrial !!

Anyway, I'll include the Scenic Mode in the next version.

linknet
linknet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lost_Property wrote:
Hi linknet.

Quote:
It did appear to work for a number of journeys in my area where it would avoid narrow lanes and take a more direct, slightly longer, route. e.g Similar to the 'Easy' route rather than fastest.

I'd be interested in any route where Lorry Mode has actually changed the route.

Would it be possible to PM me the start and destination points of one or two examples.

linknet
Auke
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now we are in to this. Can you select Motorcycle (hidden???) with IGO8. I can remember that Navigon did had this function. If i selected that. I did get also sort of scenic route...
linknet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Auke wrote:
Now we are in to this. Can you select Motorcycle (hidden???) with IGO8. I can remember that Navigon did had this function. If i selected that. I did get also sort of scenic route...

There isn't a hidden motorcycle option in iGO8, or if there is I can't find it. Smile

linknet
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Auke wrote:
If i save the route and within IGO8 i want to load the route. Al the routes says. 2 in-between points

I understood the two points are the start and finish points?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> NavNGo iGO All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 18 of 35

Jump to: