Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Garmin Nuvi 765T FM Transmitter Problems
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Garmin Nuvi 765T FM Transmitter Problems
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fredphoesh
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
With the latest software on the TomTom you can only play music via the FM Tx, there is no option to route the navigation instructions via FM Tx as they removed the option from the menu - Mike

Hi Mike and others,

I am new here, so hello...

Ive just bought a tomtom 530 particularly for the FM transmitter feature, and have a couple o comments. I have the latest software and instructions do come out of the car speakers. The other thing is I am not happy with the audio quality when playing music to the radio. There is a lot of sibilance on the S'es and there is often ssssst FM interference noises. I have tried many empty channels, and this happens even if I put the tomtom right next to the aerial ON the roof of the car while it is parked outside my house... so I was searching to find out how strong/ clear the FM transmitter is in the Garmin range and found this forum...

So any comments welcome with regard to how clear the Garmin 765 FM transmitter is.

Thanks,
Mark.
alan_sh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
With the latest software on the TomTom you can only play music via the FM Tx, there is no option to route the navigation instructions via FM Tx as they removed the option from the menu - Mike

Mike,

I have just bought a 765T and it connects OK to my FM radio to play music and to push any phone conversations that way. Not tried the routing yet - but why would they only stop that?

The firmware is version 2.8 (for the GPS SW) and 3.4 for the Nuvi itself.
It was updated when I connected the device to my laptop to get the latest maps.

Alan
fredphoesh
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alan_sh wrote:
I have just bought a 765T and it connects OK to my FM radio to play music and to push any phone conversations that way. Not tried the routing yet - but why would they only stop that?

Hello Alan,
When you play music from your 765 and receive it on your FM radio in the car, do you get ANY breakup when a singer sings S'es? Any any other sssst FM interference or bad reception noises?

Also, if you use your mobile phone, can you hear the conversation you are having over your car speakers? (My tomtom cannot do that, and I would very much like that for clarity and volume).

Thanks
Mark.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fredphoesh wrote:
mikealder wrote:

Hi Mike and others,

I am new here, so hello...

Ive just bought a tomtom 530 particularly for the FM transmitter feature, and have a couple o comments. I have the latest software and instructions do come out of the car speakers.

Mark, when I posted that comment it was accurate, TomTom have since altered the software to allow navigation instructions via FM Tx AS LONG AS the device is also playing music (mp3). Since Navcore 8,350 it has been possible to play all the sounds via the FM Tx, due to issues with constant alterations to the frequency used when driving long distance I have now resorted to using Bluetooth audio from the TomTom which is a considerably better solution - Mike
alan_sh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife has a TomTom 930 and I tried that before I bought my Nuvi 765. That (the 930) would NOT play phone conversations via my radio. My 765 seems to do so. I only listened to the traffic (2222 if anyone wants to try it in the UK) but it worked fine. Music worked as well and when the phone started, the music cut out.

I have not tried long pauses and I have not tried navigation instructions yet (only got it today and I haven't been out).

So, it may turn out not to work well. But if the FM transmit is turned off, what happens when it starts telling you some navigation? Does it turn the FM back on?

Alan
fredphoesh
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:11 am    Post subject: fm garmin vs tomtom Reply with quote

Hello all
I returned my go 530 and got the garmin nuvi 765 and what a difference!!!
The FM transmitter delivers FAR better (less interference) audio... a very happy camper at this point.

So anyone wanting to know, the Garmin FM transmitter is definitely better than the Go 530 (and probably the series)

Cheers
Mark

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: