Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - tomtom 910 charging problem
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

tomtom 910 charging problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mike007
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:13 am    Post subject: tomtom 910 charging problem Reply with quote

recently my tom tom 910 is faulty when charging up ,i have it on my windcreeen dock Smile
i have to move it around to get it to charge, it looks like there may be a fault in the pins/scart connection between the holder and the unit itself Smile
i think this is a common problem as there is some faulty 910's on ebay with the same fault as mine.there are ebayers bidding on them too , so is it easy to fix them or do i need a new windscreeen mount...or should i just buy a new tomtom and be upto date Shocked

happy new year for tommorrow Razz
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were quite a few reports of problems making a good connection with the mount on those models
From memory, I think some people found it was due to losing a small rubber bung that should be in a hole on the bottom of the unit.

But I also remember some other people saying it worked better if they REMOVED the bung!

Here's some previous discussion on the "rubber bung issue":
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=61577

I suspect that is where your problem lies, but if you can't solve it by replacing (or removing!) that bung, then unless you have another mount to compare with, I think it would be almost impossible to decide whether it is the mount or the unit itself which is causing the problem.

Fixing the Go itself if the multi-pin socket needs replacing or re-soldering would NOT be a job for the inexperienced, but you could try contacting http://www.satnav-shop.com/, who do repairs on older models.

If the 910 does what you want of it otherwise, it would be a shame to have to replace it, nothing newer does the main job of getting you from A to B any better.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: