Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Viewing saved tracks?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Viewing saved tracks?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony_P1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:14 pm    Post subject: Viewing saved tracks? Reply with quote

I've been following the Active 10 development over the year, and finally gone out and bought one. Delighted with it! One question I have that maybe the Forum can hep me with (my first post). I save a day's walk by converting Trail to Track. I can then copy the 'mytrack.gpx' and import it to MM for viewing, but...is there a way of viewing it on the Active 10 itself? I can view the 'mytrack.map' route, and the 'User Track.gpx' but I can't find a way of viewing the saved 'mytrack.gpx'. Am I missing something, or can it not be done? Thanks.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum, on the device go to the main menu by pressing the bottom right button until "Main Menu" is displayed at the top of the screen, now select "Routes Menu" and scroll down the list until you find the Route you want to view, once it is highlighted simply press the button "View" and you will see the route displayed on the map - Mike
Tony_P1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike,
Thanks. That works. However, what I had hoped to do was view the saved snail trail (ie the red dots) rather than the route that the Satmap creates, as this more accurately reflects the path I've taken. Sounds like I may not be able to do this. If I walk a lot in one area I like to think I can latch onto a previous snail trail if the weather sets in, with the knowledge that my feet have been there before. The route creation, quite rightly, cuts corners when there are no sudden changes in direction. Tony
jonesbach
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony_P1 wrote:
Mike,
Thanks. That works. However, what I had hoped to do was view the saved snail trail (ie the red dots) rather than the route that the Satmap creates, as this more accurately reflects the path I've taken. Sounds like I may not be able to do this. If I walk a lot in one area I like to think I can latch onto a previous snail trail if the weather sets in, with the knowledge that my feet have been there before. The route creation, quite rightly, cuts corners when there are no sudden changes in direction. Tony

The best I can suggest is 'show inactive routes' by going into Settings - Route Control and toggling between hide/show inactive routes.
If you want to read the data(location, height, speed, time) in the large gpx file on the satmap send me a PM and I'll discuss the options with you.
Tony_P1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike, Thanks again. I think my best option, if I need more position detail than the SatMap route gives, is to export the track to MM, and convert it to a route in MM. I can add more points there if I need to get the route to more closely resemble the track, and I can then bring the new route back into SatMap for viewing as you suggest. Tony
Westlothian
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can convert the trail to a track.
7.03 on page 30 of the guide.
I do this before moving to PC
it makes the .gpx on the Active10.
Tony_P1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Westlothian. That is indeed what I am doing. I copy the .gpx to the PC and import to MM. As an aside, I don't export the .map part of the 'track' as I found that when I import the resulting .gpx to MM I get a route that has 'marks' instead of 'WPs' which had to be deleted one at a time in MM when I deleted a route. Tony
Westlothian
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sorry, I should have read your original message more carefully!
Very Happy

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: