Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Garmin 765 touch screen issue & switch off issue
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Garmin 765 touch screen issue & switch off issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
letmeboogey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:34 pm    Post subject: Garmin 765 touch screen issue & switch off issue Reply with quote

Hi All

So far i have not noticed any switch off on my system. I have updated all the latest software and disabled (unticked) the 3d buildings by going to tools, settings, map and map info. I was told there will be a software update to resolve this issue soon. This is a stop gap measure.

For those that have had issues with with the touchscreen or typing, i appears you can calibrate the screen, which i have done and has improved things alot for me anyway. I spoke to garmin and told me switch off the unit keep a finger pressed in the centre screen, (may need a bit of hard press), then switch the unit on move the sliding switch to lock symbol it should then bring up a calibration screen for you press on a dot. Once completed it should have improved. This worked ok for me.

This may or may not work for you and carrying this out is at your own risk.
Feek
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the screen calibration, my old 760 was a bit off but I coped with it as I knew how far and in which direction it was off, but my 765 did the same although to a different extent. I then googled to find the screen calibration routine that you've just described.

The trick is to turn the unit on and move the slider straight back to the lock position with no pause, literally finger on screen, slide left, slide right.

I also used a stylus to calibrate the screen rather than a sausage of a finger and it worked a lot better.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: