Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - no maps tomtom 710 v7.9 help
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

no maps tomtom 710 v7.9 help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mondeo94
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:44 am    Post subject: no maps tomtom 710 v7.9 help Reply with quote

Hi, after upgrading to v7.9 i have no maps found, tomtom home says they are all there on card can do restore & back up ok saved to computer etc tried reset to no avail. help please Exclamation Exclamation
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if this is relevant, but what map version numbers are they, and what software were you on previously?

Are you able to restore a backup from the previous software and see the maps again?

Please make sure you are doing your backups with Windows Explorer and do another one now before you change anything, just in case.
dooderooni
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had this problem when trying to upgrade to the last 2 versions of the software.

I'd be interested to hear of a solution too.
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If TomTom thinks the maps do not belong to your device it will not report them. Are these the original maps that came on the device or LMG or bought downloads?

Do you get any warnings about content restriction when looking at available maps in Home? I get these from maps for my other device so if the maps ever got mixed up this could happen. If I put the memory card with maps from my 530 in the 940 (or the other way around) it will not see the maps. Both will see my old PDA maps and ask for an activation code.
mondeo94
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
Not sure if this is relevant, but what map version numbers are they, and what software were you on previously?

Are you able to restore a backup from the previous software and see the maps again?

Please make sure you are doing your backups with Windows Explorer and do another one now before you change anything, just in case.

not sure what map version but tomtom say they are 4 quarters out of date prev on v7.16 would like to find previous software to try!!!!
mondeo94
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrT wrote:
If TomTom thinks the maps do not belong to your device it will not report them. Are these the original maps that came on the device or LMG or bought downloads?

Do you get any warnings about content restriction when looking at available maps in Home? I get these from maps for my other device so if the maps ever got mixed up this could happen. If I put the memory card with maps from my 530 in the 940 (or the other way around) it will not see the maps. Both will see my old PDA maps and ask for an activation code.

the maps were bought on card about 8 months ago i had wondered something that myself but cant understand why home says everthing is there, is there a solution? no content restrictions

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: