Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - POI-Warner for Navigon 7 - At last ?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

POI-Warner for Navigon 7 - At last ?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:45 pm    Post subject: POI-Warner for Navigon 7 - At last ? Reply with quote

It would seem we now have a version of POIWarner for Navigon 7. 8110 included.

http://www.navigating.de/cms/index.php?id=5076
http://www.pocketnavigation.de/news/view_1393__poi-warner-fuer-mobilenavigator-7-erhaeltlich/1.1.0.html

Nothing on the English section of the navigating.de website yet though. May e-mail them as I notice they have a discount for Christmas Very Happy
portman
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are the costs involved with POI warner please?? What do you get for your money?
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not clear at the moment as my German isn't great and the online translations leave a lot to be desired.
At the moment it seems to cot 20 euros (30 euros after Christmas) and from what I can tell you get the software and access to POI downloads?

Still waiting for a reply about the English version, also noticed that the French section of the site doesn't show it yet.
Either the software isn't translated yet or they just haven't got round to updating the other webpages I don't know.

Soon as I get a reply about the English version I'll update this post.
Looking at the screenshot's it's more than just a POI placed on the map it adds a extra overlay on the map.

It's well overdue... what I do find odd is it's available for the 8110 and 7210, yet Navigon themselves can't make the curve warner available for the 8110 (due to software differences???)
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have just been told the English version should be live by the end of the week Smile

Translated list of features;

Acoustic and visual warning of POIs

Acoustic and visual warning of mobile and stationary Blitzern as well as danger points

Optical visualization of the distance to the Blitzer

Direction warning: Consideration of the driving direction and the alignment with lightning he data for the improvement of the warning quality (no false warning during wrong driving direction to the Blitzer).

Announcement of the Blitzers with speed during approach

Acoustic illustration of the distance to the Blitzer by faster becoming beep (optionally)

Individual selection of certain POI types, of which is to be warned

Adjustable maximum speed for each POI type

Adjustable search angle in driving direction

Possibility of a gradated, two-stage warning

Advance warning time for each stage adjustable

Individually adjustable sound, sound or language recording for the case of an exceeding the speed limit at a POI

Individual sound, sound or language recording for everyone POI type which can be supervised and each warning stage

High-quality language recordings from clay/tone studio

POI admission and POI administration

POI manager for the administration of the POIs from the overlays directly at the equipment

POI recorder for the admission of new POIs by push of a button while driving

Noted ones new or deleted POIs/Blitzer can be loaded by push of a button on the server

Load topical data by push of a button from the data server on equipment
portman
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that, it kind of puts me off buying the Navigon because you have to pay/use POI warner, all adds up, at least you should be able to add POI in Navigon 7!!
MikeS48
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The critical question is, will the PocketGPSWorld camera database be fully compatible with it.

As a long-time Navigon fan I've bought POI Warner for Navigon 4 and for Navigon 6, and if it integrates fully with Navigon 7 I'll buy a 2110 Max. That's the only thing that's been holding me back...
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeS48 wrote:
The critical question is, will the PocketGPSWorld camera database be fully compatible with it.

As a long-time Navigon fan I've bought POI Warner for Navigon 4 and for Navigon 6, and if it integrates fully with Navigon 7 I'll buy a 2110 Max. That's the only thing that's been holding me back...

Until the English version is released and I buy a copy I can't tell.
It all depends on if you can add your own POI. The demo seems to suggest you can?

Soon as I get a copy I will report back.
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course, it is always possible (though I'm not holding my breath - a life-threatening action with them) that Navigon will be including this in a software update of their own.

I have asked them. I think I will try to hold off buying it from navigating.de until I get a reply, if I can resist the temptation.
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm too tempted to buy it and not wait Sad Laughing Out Loud

Just found this on the v6 section of the English website which seems to suggest custom POI can be transfered in this way

http://www.navigating.de/cms/index.php?id=4937

Have got the software from the German site as it offers English and I have it installed on the 8110 (was very easy), however I can't navigate the German ordering section to get a unlock code so will have to wait for the English pages to be up. Sad
Would have been nice if it gave a few days demo.
MikeS48
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I've been impatient too and ordered a 2150 Max from Amazon for £159.99 plus postage. At that price it's little more than a 2110 Max, and adds Text to Speech, which I probably would have paid for anyway as a download if I'd bought the 2110 Max, and Bluetooth, which I'm not bothered about. (Might be different when I've tried it though).

Jonandmark - have you bought and paid for POI Warner for MN7? Am I right in thinking the program won't run without the unlock code? Just wondering if it will run in English when you do unlock it
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeS48 wrote:

Jonandmark - have you bought and paid for POI Warner for MN7? Am I right in thinking the program won't run without the unlock code? Just wondering if it will run in English when you do unlock it

The download from the German site does allow the software to be installed in English, however the order form on the UK website refuses to process V7 and the form on the German site doesn't list UK as a country for purchase so I'm a little stuck until the correct English ordering form is up and running.
I really hope that it is online by the end of the week as at the moment it seems to be 10 euros off the price Smile

Keep checking the website, but as of yet no change... arrghhhh. I have the software but just no code to unlock it. Crying or Very sad
thebigman
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emailed the PoiWarner support and sales the other day and they say they hope to release to UK within the next week 22-26 Dec 2008.

Lets see what happens but looking forward to buying it for my Navigon.
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got the following reply from Navigon Support:
Quote:
Since the POI Warner software is not a Navigon product, it is not going to appear in the Navigon product range in the online shop.

Please note that Navigon doesn't support this software, therefore I can't give you any recommondation about it.

So I'm now off to the POIWarner shop with you lot!
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a huge shame that it looks like they are not going to sort the UK ordering page this side of Christmas Crying or Very sad

It's annoying as if you download the software from the German page it offers to install in English so the software is ready, seems they just need to sort out the website.

Oh well.... sure I'll have other things to play with over Christmas Wink
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I shouldn't be so sad that I'm here today - but as I am, I hope you all had a good Xmas, and all the best for 2009.

Anyway, Navigating.de have just sent me this:
Quote:
We are still working on the translation of our manuals and product descriptions. POI-Warner for MN7 is different from other POI-Warner editions and thus we do not want to sell it without detailed descriptions. We plan to publish this version and its manuals before the end of this year. It might be the first week in January, too.
The price for the Euro-Edition will be the same as the price of the German edition which is 14,90 Euros.

So now we can all get early nights instead of waiting up for the overnight web-updates!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: