Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tom Tom 940 LIVE DEVICE CODE
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tom Tom 940 LIVE DEVICE CODE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
syk3s
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:21 am    Post subject: Tom Tom 940 LIVE DEVICE CODE Reply with quote

hi guys pretty new here but a nice site i had a GO 930t recently had a few probs with it twice!! so i changed it cost me a bit but i thought what a cheek it aint even like 6 months old and they release the GO 940 live!!! o well thats tecnology for you i guess. The problem i have now is i cant switch my device code for 6 months Rolling Eyes so i have emailed tom tom support about this and i await to see what they say as i do not really want to set up a new email and tom tom account etc etc so i was just wondering if any one has had a similar issue with a resolve thanks alot
Sykes Wink
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum, I would go for the new e-mail account as this will be the easiest option in the long run, having to do this can be annoying but its TomTom that make the rules on this one!
Changing your e-mail is much easier than getting TT to do it for you, you don't actually need to use the e-mail you assign to the device on a daily basis Wink - Mike
syk3s
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:53 am    Post subject: RE TOMTOM 940 Reply with quote

cheers mike ill see what they say first but if its all gonna be a palavah ill end up doing that but saying that i did like the 930t the only difference i seen with the 940 is the cradle makes everything more tidy no tmc atenna its all built in the only bummer is i now need a micro sd card as i turnd my tom tom into a media player where i can watch films once i stopped
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

... and breathe....

Sorry, all that info, and not a single comma.. Even reading in my head I start to feel faint! Laughing

Anyway, what I was going to say was... I don't remember the email address ever being actually used for email at all (unless you sign up for their newsletter), they just use it as a password.
If I'm right, you could just make one up.
LesP2008
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But Andy don't they use the email address to send your updates etc. Baring in mind, thats if you want them.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not as far as I know...
They don't actually send anything useful by email, they just use a password in Home that happens to take the form of an email address, if you see what I mean?

EDIT: If you forget your password, then they would send the reminder to that email address, but that's the only time I can think of.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the very least, that email address is where they send replies to any support questions you raise on their website. I wouldn't dare trust the idea of using a fictitious email address "format" for registering - if it wasn't true you could end up being pretty sorry.

Signed DennisN, of 17 email addresses written on a bit of (now tattered) paper bluetacked to the wall behind my computer, each saying which TT device it was used on!! Laughing

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
LesP2008
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see what you say. I wasn't sure if they needed a "valid" email address for payment registration etc but i suppose they dont all have to be linked.
Mind you we would end up like TomTom, can you imagine it, we're all sitting here wondering what address we sent that from and what one did i tell them to reply to.
Ah the joys of TomTom. Laughing Laughing
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
At the very least, that email address is where they send replies to any support questions you raise on their website.

Doesn't it just send you a reminder... the actual reply is only readable on the website.

Anyway, it was only a throwaway thought, and I'm not really suggesting we use fictitious ones.
I just wondered why they couldn't have used any old usernames (one for each account, if they like) and one overall contact address, just like we do on forums.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
DennisN wrote:
At the very least, that email address is where they send replies to any support questions you raise on their website.
Doesn't it just send you a reminder... the actual reply is only readable on the website.
No, they reply to your email address, BUT if you want to do a reply to their reply you have to click their link to go back to the website. TomTom logic of a sort.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
Mick_1959
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:

Signed DennisN, of 17 email addresses written on a bit of (now tattered) paper bluetacked to the wall behind my computer, each saying which TT device it was used on!! Laughing

17 email addresses! Does that qualify for creating a POI file just for your email addresses! Very Happy
GO 920 Dead

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: