Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Speed Camera Voices - New Download Pages Launched
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Speed Camera Voices - New Download Pages Launched
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oldfogy
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren
Thanks for the explanation/reply.

I think I had previously read about the pMobiles (but had forgotten it)
steveroebuck
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren

I have a Tom Tom 700 with version 7.162 at present it is loaded with pocketgpsworld speed camera database with audible warnings and a on screen speed limit display, the unit is setup to warn of any type of camera including specs,pmobile,temp etc
I wish to replace my current audible warnings with your voice alerts data base can you advise which one of your voices would give me alerts for all types of cameras in all speed limits
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steveroebuck wrote:
I wish to replace my current audible warnings with your voice alerts data base can you advise which one of your voices would give me alerts for all types of cameras in all speed limits

You need a voice that has a speed-zoned option. There are plenty to choose from. However, at present few have pMobile alerts included, there are supplementary voices provided to fill the gap or you could just use the built-in bings and bongs for pMobiles.

We are currently working on updated sets that will have the pMobile alerts included. It is a work in progress and we're getting there!
Tincanferry
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:02 pm    Post subject: Voice alerts being overwritten Reply with quote

The voice alerts are great, and have installed them in the sounds folder on my 910 which I have just updated to application 7.903 (previous application 7.9 wiped all my favourities which took a while to resolve with tom tom). The problem I have is that each time I connect via tom tom home, upon disconnection, it would appear that they are being overwritten and the default sound is the fisrt of the standard sounds "bell1"

Has any body had similar problems?
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, this is an old problem that affected a lot of people (but strangely, not everybody).
Then it seemed to be sorted out, but it seems to be creeping back.

I think you'll find it usually happens only after you have used the "Operate my Go" on-screen emulator, so the less you use that, the better.

The workround is to find the "MapSettings.cfg file (it lives inside your "Western Europe" folder) and make a copy of it.

Keep that somewhere very handy (I keep it on the desktop of my PC AND on the root of the TomTom storage (ie not inside ANY folder)- where it is simply ignored by the system).

Then get into the habit of checking it whenever you disconnect from the PC. If the sounds have reverted back to bings and bongs, just copy and paste that file back into the map folder, overwriting the new one it has just created.
Tincanferry
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:10 pm    Post subject: Thanks for advise Reply with quote

Thanks for the advise.
BR

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: